Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep that's right. I figured as much as I don't get to boat these days what the hell I will get a V-drive. Still have the jet for now until Jim in Nebraska decides to get his azz off the couch and come pick it up in Phx but for Thanksgiving I will be floating in a V-Drive. Just thought I would let some of my fellow jetters know what crazy chit I am doing. So there it is. See ya soon.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Yep that's right. I figured as much as I don't get to boat these days what the hell I will get a V-drive. Still have the jet for now until Jim in Nebraska decides to get his azz off the couch and come pick it up in Phx but for Thanksgiving I will be floating in a V-Drive. Just thought I would let some of my fellow jetters know what crazy chit I am doing. So there it is. See ya soon.

Headed that way myself, just seems to make more sence. Besides it will make Jerry smile.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headed that way myself, just seems to make more sence. Besides it will make Jerry smile.
Sweet! You should come out TG weekend if you get one by then. Water should be pretty good then.:)devil

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know something I don't know? Thanksgiving at the lake:)devil
Yes sir. Check out the thread in here posted "day after Thanksgiving on the lake".

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Oh yea...why dont you post this up in the jetboat section? You scared? lol
Just messin with you!
Good luck with the v-drive!

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yea...why dont you post this up in the jetboat section? You scared? lol
Just messin with you!
Good luck with the v-drive!
LOL!!!!!! I'm standing in line at thew post office and just started laughing. NO, I'm not scured. I just thought I would tell the crew I was going to the dark side. I will ALLWAYS be a jetter just giving the v-drive thing a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Sell out.:p

Hope your trailer is Nice.:D Its gunna spend allot of time there.lol

How come no pictures of it.
. Jus Kiddin:)hand

·
Registered
335 Posts
LOL!!!!!! I'm standing in line at thew post office and just started laughing. NO, I'm not scured. I just thought I would tell the crew I was going to the dark side. I will ALLWAYS be a jetter just giving the v-drive thing a shot.
I'm with you 100% and got your back. 4 Jet Boats and been working on a V-Drive for months now. (Or, rather, having a flat bottom V-Drive worked on for me by someone that knows the friggin things!).

I think the V will be great for lake trips, but on the river, I'm sticking with one of the jets! At least for now. We'll see. Can't sell off my jets! Love them things too much!

Don't worry about N8. Post away. He's only got one of the quickest and fastest "family" jets, if not THE fastest, that I have ever seen in his TX.

Tows like your pulling a sunken Sherman Tank behind your boat, however! :D

(Hadda get that in Nate, lol)

Ray

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just remember....it's not always greener on the other side.:D BNAG!

Now I wouldn't mind adding a Vdrive(s) to the stable either....but it ain't happening for me yet.;)

Good luck w/ the new boat.....it does look nice.
That was the first trip to the lake with that motor "which was removed from a Jet boat" The motor could'nt handle going that fast with a prop and had a heart attack!

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
Sweet! You should come out TG weekend if you get one by then. Water should be pretty good then.:)devil

Won't have one by then, I'll still have the whacker and I want to get it wet that weekend. More than likely on Friday, should be nice and quiet. I'll bring the tow roap, just in case.:D

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was the first trip to the lake with that motor "which was removed from a Jet boat" The motor could'nt handle going that fast with a prop and had a heart attack!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ Dude you blew your blower off!!!!:)sphss So whats the real story? Im guessing Kevin know the truth?:D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm with you 100% and got your back. 4 Jet Boats and been working on a V-Drive for months now. (Or, rather, having a flat bottom V-Drive worked on for me by someone that knows the friggin things!).

I think the V will be great for lake trips, but on the river, I'm sticking with one of the jets! At least for now. We'll see. Can't sell off my jets! Love them things too much!

Don't worry about N8. Post away. He's only got one of the quickest and fastest "family" jets, if not THE fastest, that I have ever seen in his TX.

Tows like your pulling a sunken Sherman Tank behind your boat, however! :D

(Hadda get that in Nate, lol)

Ray
LMFAO!!!
Thanks again for the hand Ray and it was nice meeting/boating with you!

Hey I used to want a v-drive real bad. After watching River Rats I, I came real close to selling the Miller for a flatty. Then I watched River Rats II and saw that flatty pick on that Gullwing and that made me want to smoke every v-drive I come across!
(not that many yet, but one day, one day soon...I'll get you guys!)
j/k:D

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LMFAO!!!
Thanks again for the hand Ray and it was nice meeting/boating with you!

Hey I used to want a v-drive real bad. After watching River Rats I, I came real close to selling the Miller for a flatty. Then I watched River Rats II and saw that flatty pick on that Gullwing and that made me want to smoke every v-drive I come across!
(not that many yet, but one day, one day soon...I'll get you guys!)
j/k:D
Go get em N8!!!!!!!!!:)hand

1 - 20 of 62 Posts