1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Electric pumps make it too easy! LOL! And a store all also!:D

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
I try to refrain. Since it's premium and I'm cheap, I'll make the trip to the station and fill up one of my ten or so fuel cans for the lawn mower, string trimmer, bike etc..

Not to mention this is the state of year round boating.

I have to admit I've been surprised by my daughter a time or two. Who knew she could even siphon. All that premium in her 96 Chevy Cavalier. What a waste.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I try to refrain. Since it's premium and I'm cheap, I'll make the trip to the station and fill up one of my ten or so fuel cans for the lawn mower, string trimmer, bike etc..

Not to mention this is the state of year round boating.

I have to admit I've been surprised by my daughter a time or two. Who knew she could even siphon. All that premium in her 96 Chevy Cavalier. What a waste.
........hil:)hil:)hil:)

·
Got to get In da Wind
821 Posts
Me too but I use 89 in the boat, may as well use it up before it goes bad. Lawnmower, weed wacker, quads, tree trimmer, etc. etc....

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Just wondering... Am i the only one who's boat turns into a gas station during the winter for things like bikes, go karts, fires, ant killer, etc :D

Was this way since i can remember, even when my parents owned the boat i can remember siphoning fuel out of it for the lawn mower and my gokart

Cant say that I havent done that at home but my Video surveillance system also "says" the night prowlin tweekers :|err use my "beaters" in the outside parking at the shop for a frikken fuel Depot :D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Cant say that I havent done that at home but my Video surveillance system also "says" the night prowlin tweekers :|err use my "beaters" in the outside parking at the shop for a frikken fuel Depot :D

this is why one needs a large bad ass dog.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jetboatperformance, lol guilty, when i was a kid i would go around my block siphoning cars fuel and sell it to my friends brother.. That was back when fuel was around 1.50 a gallon though. I'd be pist to find sombody doing that to me now... shit we do when we're kids....

Squirtcha, Ya does suck knowing i'm sucking out 91 but honestly i would rather suck it out during the winter so that i dont have bad fuel when summer rolls around. I suppose i could add a additive to keep the fuel from going bad... Maybe thats just my excuse? :D

Widetrack, Electric pumps!!!!! pshhh.... you have to do it the ghetto way and siphone it out... Nothing like that first siphone of the winter when you think the hose is longer than it is and you get a mouth full of gas!!! :)devil

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hey maybe we could use a Bad A$$ dog to replace the sleepy security guard ? re the useing ones boat gas over the layup wonder how leaded race gas would do in my Sears lawn tractor ??
ill take a big ass dog over a sleepy security guard any day. at least the dog never takes a break... below is my guard dog.

Seeing that inside the house keeps the tweakers and crack heads away.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
yeah, we kept the 4wheelers and the kids motorcycle runnin on 112 all winter:D my 8yr old now thinks he needs race gas to go fast, said his lil 50cc bike "it runs good on race gas daddy" :)devil i've got twin boys, yet he's the only 1 out in the shop all the time with me. he can recite firing orders and can tell you how to adjust valve lash and where each cylinder/valve is at;)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
NOTHINS worse than a Mouth full of Gas (cept' maybe Yeager :D ) Screw that ,that tool trucks sell a killer siphon hose with a check ball ,drop it in a couple of bounce and viola !

Shaun ,kids I can almost understand , but 40 year olds ? wow at 3.75 a gallon I guess petrol is a hot commodity

Tom, re the youngin Josh Started hangin out in the Shop when he was a toddler ,always dug anything mechanical nothin wriong with that for sure!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts