Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my city I am not allowed to park an RV on MY property unless it is behind a fence of 6 feet.

So my neighbor next door is calling the city and crying about my motorhome on my property. I have a good size lot so I park it behind the house so it can't be seen from the street. The former code officer was happy with that but now the new officer isn't and says I still need a fence.

So here I am building a wood fence myself, for $2K, meanwhile at the end of my adjoining property my neighbor's tree(the one who is complaining mind you) has grown through my chain link fence YEARS ago and had uprooted or otherwise ruined my fence. It was like that when I bought the house, but I didn't really care since it is behind the garage and can't really be seen. Everyone loves trees right? She refuses to take down a shed temporarily, that she JUST PUT UP in front of the tree, so the stump could be ground. She wants me to provide access to the tree from my side.

The tree was planted too close to our property lines and has grown to the border or over my property by an inch or two. There is absolutely no way for me to repair the existing chain link fence to prepare it for the wood fence without coming farther on my property without having to build a second fence per-se.

I could post pictures of it, I never thought of that.

I have already have a nice set of fines to pay and continue to get them whenever she calls the city to come by.

Tonight I asked to "please take care of it as soon as possible" and she basically told me to pound sand. She wasn't going to move the shed. I said I would sue her for the damages to my property and to have the tree removed, which I doubt in the eco-age that the city would even force her to remove the tree.

So after all that, this collective board has come up with good ideas in the past, so I am wondering what do you guys think I could do at this point.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
drill a long hole in the tree, inject round-up. dead tree, problem solved.
Yea, what about if it falls on MY garage?

Pretty easy to see a hole and that I caused it right? If I ever have to see the inside of a jailcell, it will be for something good, not for destruction of property, haha.

Brian

·
Registered
785 Posts
borrow one of tina's dogs ,the one with the stainless hardware...

let it run around the yard after it smells one of the complainers t shirts or moo moo's...
a few days of that and maybe she will get the picture...

copper sulfate works wonders on old trees....

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I see two options here move or burn her out. :(:(:):)punch:p
I wish.

I would have already if I could have sold this peice of shit when I tried and with the housing market, I am upside down, no getting out in the short term.

Tried that already.

Working on turning it into a rental, so far unsucessful in getting financing for a second house.

Brian

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
borrow one of tina's dogs ,the one with the stainless hardware...

let it run around the yard after it smells one of the complainers t shirts or moo moo's...
a few days of that and maybe she will get the picture...

copper sulfate works wonders on old trees....
Tina is long gone....and so is the wolf, that thing looked at everyone like lunch no doubt...

Where do I get that discretely?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Here's a bit of info I grabbed from a CA law office on just this subject:

"3) His tree has grown wider, encroaching onto my property [or pushing aside my fence].
This is a continuing trespass and the neighbor must remove his tree (regardless of how long it has been encroaching)."

Here is the site http://www.wwlaw.com/neighbor.htm

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have a neighbor with a similar problem, well kinda. His neighbor has a row of Eucalyptus trees that are huge, have destroyed a block wall and make a mess. He trimmed the portion of the tree that overhangs his property line and received a certified letter threatening litigation if he touches the trees again.
Now personally I do not understand how one person is required to allow another person's trees to cause damage to said property! Geeze, why can people be such fricking a-holes?????:|err:|err

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drive a copper nail into the tree, do it from her side while you're doing the fence, it'll kill it, the tree will fall on your garage, her insurance pays
Drive the nail in her side of the tree?

Where do I get copper nails?

Brian

·
The Insurance Guy
1,922 Posts
Yea, what about if it falls on MY garage?

Pretty easy to see a hole and that I caused it right? If I ever have to see the inside of a jailcell, it will be for something good, not for destruction of property, haha.

Brian
Climb 8-10' up the tree then drill your hole where no one will see it. I did this to 3 big trees I wanted to remove on the street side of my property just to avoid any environmentalists that get upset when people cut trees down. Worked like a charm; within a few weeks, the trees turned brown (they won't fall over so no worries there), I cut them down, and the only thing I ever heard was my neighbor one day asking me: "why do you think that tree died?" Me: looked diseased and I didn't want it infecting anything else. My neighbor: " Good thing you cut it down"

done and done.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Where do I get copper nails?

Brian
Building supply store, lots of rain gutters and roof flashings are copper, they should have copper nails to match.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But it isn't my tree, even if it does die, I still can't cut it down.

Climb 8-10' up the tree then drill your hole where no one will see it. I did this to 3 big trees I wanted to remove on the street side of my property just to avoid any environmentalists that get upset when people cut trees down. Worked like a charm; within a few weeks, the trees turned brown (they won't fall over so no worries there), I cut them down, and the only thing I ever heard was my neighbor one day asking me: "why do you think that tree died?" Me: looked diseased and I didn't want it infecting anything else. My neighbor: " Good thing you cut it down"

done and done.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Building supply store, lots of rain gutters and roof flashings are copper, they should have copper nails to match.
okden

So when I show up and buy a bag of copper nails and nothing else, noone will look at me funny?

Home Depot?

Brian

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
So......Cut the damn tree down and have it made into planks to build your fence:D...if you run out wood, cut up the shed too.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Tina is long gone....and so is the wolf, that thing looked at everyone like lunch no doubt...

Where do I get that discretely?
no more tina .. did he get a replacement ?
hopefully something young and blonde like the reef surfwear ads ?

gotta love the net...
i google'd it and found these...
{maybe use a straw buyer...keep yourself out of the paper chain..}
bet home depot has it? of not,maybe mc fadden dale might have it out in r side ? the old one of van buren ?
or any place that sells stuff for ponds.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/rooto-copper-sulfateroot-killer-p-35008.html?ref=42

http://www.cooperseeds.com/froogle.php3?prod=2024

http://www.hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=141412&sku=769715&

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Complain to the city that the roots are destroying your plumbing to your house. the city will make the tree disappear.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
50-50.

no more tina .. Did he get a replacement ?
Hopefully something young and blonde like the reef surfwear ads ?

Gotta love the net...
I google'd it and found these...
{maybe use a straw buyer...keep yourself out of the paper chain..}
bet home depot has it? Of not,maybe mc fadden dale might have it out in r side ? The old one of van buren ?
Or any place that sells stuff for ponds.

http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/rooto-copper-sulfateroot-killer-p-35008.html?ref=42

http://www.cooperseeds.com/froogle.php3?prod=2024

http://www.hectorshardware.biz/shop/product.asp?dept_id=141412&sku=769715&

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Complain to the city that the roots are destroying your plumbing to your house. the city will make the tree disappear.
What if it isn't even close to any plumbing.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts