Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapshot off of the CP video. Does it look like im running out of water? Just noticed this from the video and would like some input.
Sorry for the picture quality, like i said it from the video. If you watch the video, you can see where it start this funky spray.....

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I think one of the Oklahoma boys had this similar shot, and I think that's what his issue was.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I only made one change since I ran the boat last and that was a new loader. I picked up some MPH and the seat of the pants feels good on the launch. I know I left some leave on the table with this blocker loader, I'll give it more shoe.....:D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Tim, you just HAD to use that clip didn't you? Nothing like rubbing it in!:D I went through the vid frame by frame to see if mine was doing them same. Didn't seem to be. My bow drops when I run out of water with a blocker in my loader so it very well could be that. I have three different loaders if you want to give em a try. Just let me know. Then we can do it again.:)devil

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
water is rough. might be part of the problem.
Mike, That water was smooth compared to what I normally run in. I trimmed back the eges of the loader a bit, so I think it wants more shoe. I have ran the loader many times before but never seen it or felt it nose over on the big end. I did notice it wasnt doing it on Friday or early sat morning. I think when my fuel load gets lighter and the boat carrys more is when its doing it. Im going to try and add more shoe and see what it does, if its the same, I will switch out the loader and go back to old faithfull.

Time to get some readings on intake presure.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim, you just HAD to use that clip didn't you? Nothing like rubbing it in!:D I went through the vid frame by frame to see if mine was doing them same. Didn't seem to be. My bow drops when I run out of water with a blocker in my loader so it very well could be that. I have three different loaders if you want to give em a try. Just let me know. Then we can do it again.:)devil
Sorry Denis, didnt mean to rub it in, just noticed it in the video and wanted a picture to show what was going on.

I cant use your loaders, Im running a R intake. I will be making a new loader next week to play with.

C ya on the river Bud.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Sorry Denis, didnt mean to rub it in, just noticed it in the video and wanted a picture to show what was going on.

I cant use your loaders, Im running a R intake. I will be making a new loader next week to play with.

C ya on the river Bud.
No worries dude. Just funnin'. Well sorry you can't try my loaders. You help me quite a bit last weekend just trying to return the favor. Hopefully you get it worked out. See you Labor Day.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Tom Peterson makes those loaders and has a handle on the R stuff. Get some intake pressure numbers Tim.

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
You best check with 10-35 he seems to be the new self pro claimed joker of AHA.With his skills and driving you might be able to break the 81 mph barrier in no time.

Yuma power tour would be off the hook.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Mike, That water was smooth compared to what I normally run in..
DUDE!.... then why didnt you run all the way through our race? the water wasnt that bad! :D sorry bud, couldnt resist! but i wouldnt mind knowing why???

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Tom Peterson makes those loaders and has a handle on the R stuff. Get some intake pressure numbers Tim.

Chris

Tom buys them from Home Depot. He just cuts the handle off a shovel and screws it on. Seriously, have you seen the loader on a R intake for a blown alcohol deal? It's scary.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I think one of the Oklahoma boys had this similar shot, and I think that's what his issue was.
:)hand mine was doin it too, above 105 it got real bad, beginnint to think either the intake was at wrong angle or i was overloading the shit outta the intake and causing cavitation, but i no longer own the boat so who knows. been talking to the new owner of it and he's gonna try a blocked loader and see wtf it does for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Tom buys them from Home Depot. He just cuts the handle off a shovel and screws it on. Seriously, have you seen the loader on a R intake for a blown alcohol deal? It's scary.
So have I. There is one on the wall of Tims Garage. FourQ Call me!

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
in this pic it was runnin outta bottom pressure quikly, i had to feed it another 1/8th of shoe depth to make it stop at half track

tim, if only thing you changed was loader, and you went to a blocker style, wonder if cutting back the blocker till it cleans up would help?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Seriously, have you seen the loader on a R intake for a blown alcohol deal? It's scary.
Thats what im running. :D I have a few of them from the day. The full blocker wont let the boat leave and cavatates the hell out of the pump,but once its hooked up it works really well.
I have another one with not so much blocker and thats the one thats in there now. I have cut 3" out of the center blocker and it was working great.
Last trip out I cut the sides at an angle and now it started doing this. Im just going to add .100 shim to it as is and see what happens. If it still does it i will put the open loader back in.
Wondering it i cut the sides to short now and it not pulling the water in anymore.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Tom made the loaders for both my Placecrafts, both blown alcohol with R intakes. They literally look like a shovel. He's been around pc's forever and really knows what works and want doesn't. Your boat is so similar to the pc I'm sure he could help you out. PM me if you want his number.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts