Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southwind tunnel. R intake, shoe, loader and ride plate - Berk pump - aggressor split bowl - droop snoot and diverter.

Engine makes @600hp at 5800 RPM's and 622 ft. Lbs at 4800 RPM's.

Thanks for the help.

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Southwind tunnel. R intake, shoe, loader and ride plate - Berk pump - aggressor split bowl - droop snoot and diverter.

Engine makes @600hp at 5800 RPM's and 622 ft. Lbs at 4800 RPM's.

Thanks for the help.
Are your numbers from dyno testing? If so, are the corrected or uncorrected numbers? If they are corrected, I think I would try a "B" impeller. If uncorrected possible an A/B.

Uncorrected 600 HP should turn an "A" impeller about 5500 and a "B" impeller 5800. If these are corrected numbers and you have a good pump, you can subtract about 100 - 150 RPM.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Corrected and I was also thinking a B would be a good place to start. Aluminum, stainless or bronze? Not sure what the hp ratings are for each.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Corrected and I was also thinking a B would be a good place to start. Aluminum, stainless or bronze? Not sure what the hp ratings are for each.

JMO, but I would start with a A(bronze or Stainless) and trim from there ;). You can always take material off but can't add !!!!

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
B or B+ depending on wether its being blueprinted. I like the AMT SS impellers the best myself

1 - 6 of 6 Posts