Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
77 sleek.
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you can tell from pics but if you can is this impeller in ok condtion couple of the blades are a little beat up but not horribly. And is it a or AA impeller its on a Berkeley E pump sleekcraft executive.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Outlaw is correct , its not possible to accurately ascertain what your impeller is (AA, A etc) from a front view or its general condition (except for the obvious), It does however look like it may be a stainless and irrespective of what cut it could likley use some "detail work" call if we can help you ! Tom

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
IMO that impeller is pretty hammered, Id be cleaning that up if it were mine.
X2
IMO - That thing is in need of some serious help, may require some welding to square up the leading edge. Being the front is that bad I bet the rear/trailing edge is real bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
impellor

you mentioned it was a berkley e pump aa impellor is 9.25 diameter berkley bowl is only 9. unless the bowl has been modified it probably is not aa

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
you mentioned it was a berkley e pump aa impellor is 9.25 diameter berkley bowl is only 9. unless the bowl has been modified it probably is not aa
With due respect brady you may want to review your facts (above) re Impeller "sizes" and "cuts" particularly respective to Berkeley applications in general Tom

·
77 sleek.
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What all has to be takin off to get to the impeller ill probably just take it off and have it fixed from the jagged edges on the blades.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What all has to be takin off to get to the impeller ill probably just take it off and have it fixed from the jagged edges on the blades.
With an "E" model jet pump , you simply need to remove the steering nozzle , bowl and Impeller nut , then pull the impeller for inspection and /or repair Tom

·
Banned
41 Posts
put the performance in in that tri hull for sale.

X2
IMO - That thing is in need of some serious help, may require some welding to square up the leading edge. Being the front is that bad I bet the rear/trailing edge is real bad.
thats a front line seller for you blunder, looks like the one that came out of that u boat you left some years ago. weld er up and go racin. just sayin. :wink2:

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
It will look like this when you get the Transom plate and bowl off.

(Well, yours won't look NEARLY as bad as Mine did!!!!)

Mine was hammered dead.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts