Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i´m jens from good old germany and i think i need some help with my impeller because my boat don´t have a good hole shot

engine is a 327sbc with mid tuning about 300hp

the jet, berkeley12JAB with droop and diverter

boat: 21ft glastron style

please look at the pics

greetings jens
p.s.sorry about my english

Attachments

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Jens thats sort of a big boat for a "B" impeller, what are you spinning it to rpm wise?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at the start about 4600 to 4800rpm but i have problems with my ignition
i think 5500 to 6000 rpm could be possible

we used that motor in a minipuller at tractor pulling and there he turns up to 7500rpms:)

speed is about 45miles at 4400rpm

jens

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
so once it quits cavitating, your running 4400 rpm's when up and running.

·
520 Posts
Jens, take your hand hole cover off and measure the clearance between your impellor and wear ring. I see you have the imp nut off, do you have a imp puller? SJ

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Jens first Welcome to PB ! Reading your post several things come to mind not the least of which is the "droop" ? assuming this was correct typically on a boat this large this IMO would be a hinderance rather than a help , The trim is a real plus and I would be interesting to know exactly what impeller is currently in the jet also sounds like your motor may be built to make power at high rpms what about it? Cam , compression etc , just some random thoughts here Tom

edit .. BTW your Impeller appears to be an A unless my eyes decieve me :) ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi tom

cam: compcams part nr.12-210-2 grind cs268h-10

intake: torker 2

carb : edelbrock 600 marine

compression: just can say that they are all the same

jens

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
With a 300 hp motor I'd say you're going as fast as you're going to. How fast do you want (or need) to go. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi malcolm

just a few more miles:)devil

my problem is the hole shot, feels like slipping wheels

jens

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
hi malcolm

just a few more miles:)devil

my problem is the hole shot, feels like slipping wheels

jens
jens,
Just switch over to km/h, you will be putting up some big numbers. :)bulb

By the way, don't apologize for your english, you are doing better than most around here :D

I would say with you're combo., the motor is lugged down too hard, if it has turned into the 7's before. I'm going out on a limb and thinking the tune is where the issue is, at 300 hp, you should be able to turn that "B" at just over 5,000 PRM, but the small plant doesn't have the torque to get there.

I can't even imagine you have access to a dyno, or maybe a BC impeller?

A big boat and a B impeller are horrible combos, not enough volume to get things rollin'.

GT

·
Registered
520 Posts
inducer

Yes, I would say on that size boat measure the impeller and make sure it is an A impeller, then add an inducer. Nothing will help your holeshot like an inducer. If your impeller is not an A, I would install an A. If you want to go faster you just need more power. Get a big block !:|err Aside from more power, if you dont have a ride plate that will help too. Get all excess weight out of the boat also. Hope this helps.
Keith

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Didn't know that Dodge was left hand steer in Germany, Actually, I've never been there to know if anything was left hand steer! haha
Looks like the boat is moving along with just 300 ponies!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jens first Welcome to PB ! Reading your post several things come to mind not the least of which is the "droop" ? assuming this was correct typically on a boat this large this IMO would be a hinderance rather than a help , The trim is a real plus and I would be interesting to know exactly what impeller is currently in the jet also sounds like your motor may be built to make power at high rpms what about it? Cam , compression etc , just some random thoughts here Tom

edit .. BTW your Impeller appears to be an A unless my eyes decieve me :) ...
pics...and video

jens

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Didn't know that Dodge was left hand steer in Germany, Actually, I've never been there to know if anything was left hand steer! haha
Looks like the boat is moving along with just 300 ponies!

toddy my buddy...

we´re here on the continent.....left hand steering:D

yes, and i have problems with the ponies....motor don´t run like it should

but i´m workin´on it

jens

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, I would say on that size boat measure the impeller and make sure it is an A impeller, then add an inducer. Nothing will help your holeshot like an inducer. If your impeller is not an A, I would install an A. If you want to go faster you just need more power. Get a big block !:|err Aside from more power, if you dont have a ride plate that will help too. Get all excess weight out of the boat also. Hope this helps.
Keith

how can i identify the impeller????? casting numbers?

and be sure.....it works with the small block:)

jens

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
toddy my buddy...

we´re here on the continent.....left hand steering:D

yes, and i have problems with the ponies....motor don´t run like it should

but i´m workin´on it

jens
Sorry bout that Jens, I misunderstood and thought you were still in Europe!:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts