Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After pulling my impeller and doing the customary inspection to see how many rocks I sucked up, I noticed that all four leading edges have a slight deflection that would make sense if it were normal to deflect. Im pretty sure my 600hp isnt enough to cause this and I have yet cavitate with current set-up. SS A- impeller BTW. If I put a short straight edge on the leading edge i can see probably 1/32" of light at either end of the straight edge. My question is this normal or part of the original casting? If not normal, what could cause this? Thx, Zach

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
After pulling my impeller and doing the customary inspection to see how many rocks I sucked up, I noticed that all four leading edges have a slight deflection that would make sense if it were normal to deflect. Im pretty sure my 600hp isnt enough to cause this and I have yet cavitate with current set-up. SS A- impeller BTW. If I put a short straight edge on the leading edge i can see probably 1/32" of light at either end of the straight edge. My question is this normal or part of the original casting? If not normal, what could cause this? Thx, Zach
Pictures would be helpfull if you have em' ;)

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Looks like a stock AMT stainless, that's how they are, no way you tweaked or distorted it with 600 hp, those are good impellers made from good material unlike some of the other stainless impellers out there. That thing coould be alot better with a detail job. What your describing would go away. What are you turning the A- to with 600 hp?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like a stock AMT stainless, that's how they are, no way you tweaked or distorted it with 600 hp, those are good impellers made from good material unlike some of the other stainless impellers out there. That thing coould be alot better with a detail job. What your describing would go away. What are you turning the A- to with 600 hp?
Today I stopped by Eddies to order shoe shims, and CS, you are correct. He said everything he has put into my pump came from AT. I am glad to hear these impellers come this way, I kinda figured as much since you and many others probably have run similar impellers with say...double the horsepower?!
It'll spin to 5700 on its best day, and my 600 hp guesstimate is from similar engines over on 460ford.com. I do not have dyno time.
Anyways its getting cut down to a B over the weekend, hoping to get closer to where the cam supposedly makes power, 6200ish.
Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prozach is never gunna be fast.... just give up. Haha. How's the polishing going
Yeah no shit!:mad: Thats what dude at Larry's told me 6 years ago when i got this pile!! Let alone all the v-drive dudes talkin smack AND Tom Wedick bustin my balls!!!
Polishing... Ill wait till the night before Eddies Regatta - after I get it to fire. Like always:D

·
Registered
121 Posts
I see a lil tention here!!!! Cant wait to see prozach eat it up in a few weekends!!!! I needa do this same thing to my pump ASAP!! Hopefully gonna start it monday!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts