Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at another jet and seller states that when there is more than one person in the boat the impeller "slips" under full throttle launches.

I don't know much about them to begin with but this is a new one to me. What is the diagnosis here?

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
loose as in tighten it down or pull it apart and rebuild it?

Thanks for the response! :)
Loose as in tear the pump down and rebuild. There are clearances around the impeller that "loosen up" overtime.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Stake it!:D

J/K, Rebuild it!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, dealer says $1100, but indie says $400. I suspect that this is an opportune time to upgrade the impeller?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Cool, dealer says $1100, but indie says $400. I suspect that this is an opportune time to upgrade the impeller?
if you're talking 400 for the rebuild kit, that should come with a alum impellor.

·
Registered
988 Posts
im running a smaller impeller in my ride b/c. it does slip/cavitate under hard accelercation. but once i pop on plane it takes off and hauls the titties. my motor spins the high rpms. i sacrifice the low end holeshot for the faster top speed. i dont have a race boat so im not worried about holeshot but it gets the job done on top end.

maybe this is what he means or also a worn pump. i know i want to freshen mine up.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I also have a known tight pump, but due to engine torque, if I flat-foot it wide from idle, I cavitate the pump badly, regardless of who is in the boat. I run a largish impeller (full Aggressor B, equiv to a Berk A) and in my case it is simply the pump emptying before water can feed it with very little fwd. motion (which is the same thing W.O.T. is describing he has).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts