Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the need of a lifting ring for a merc outboard, need to lift motor off of a houseboat, so I can reseal the lower unit!!! If anyone has one that I might be able to barrow, or buy, please let me know ASAP!!
Thanks Tye,:)hand

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Oh boy... That as pretty funny though! Sorry UT! :)hand

·
Some guy
3,669 Posts
I am in the need of a lifting ring for a merc outboard, need to lift motor off of a houseboat, so I can reseal the lower unit!!! If anyone has one that I might be able to barrow, or buy, please let me know ASAP!!
You can't just drop the lower unit off the engine, that's normally how water pump impellers are changed.

What about buying the proper size bolt and short length of chain?

I lifted off the Merc 200 powerhead off my engine by hand, but I pulled off the heads and stuff since I was rebuilding it anyway.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't just drop the lower unit off the engine, that's normally how water pump impellers are changed.

What about buying the proper size bolt and short length of chain?

I lifted off the Merc 200 powerhead off my engine by hand, but I pulled off the heads and stuff since I was rebuilding it anyway.
The house boat is still in the water and I need to pull the hole motor out of the water, can't pull the lower in the water, its been sitting for awhile and its covered in barnicales and shit, so it has to come all the way off the boat and out of the water

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
What size motor?? I've got a 50HP 4-stroke. Not sure, but if it's a simple unbolt/rebolt, you can borrow mine. Mine is at Pine Flat Marina.

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I have one, but I'm to far away. Check ebay if your not in a hurry. There is a guy that sells them on there all day long. I bought mine on ebay, engine lift and fly wheel puller all in one, sucker works great.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
I am in the need of a tool..................................................... lifting ring for a merc outboard, need to lift motor off of a houseboat, so I can reseal the lower unit!!! If anyone has one that I might be able to barrow, or buy, please let me know ASAP!!
N20 Mirage, please pick up the white courtesy phone N20 Mirage!!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Sorry, no tool-- checked my motor over the weekend. My lifting eye is part of the block.

good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts