Performance Boats Forum banner

In the market for a good riding V-drive

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Jerkizoid 
#1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions on a good riding v-drive ski boat. Would like to be able to have SE class potential. Will usually need to seat 2-3 adults. Oh and it needs to be a dry ride, budget doesn't command beautiful, but has to be turn key - $3,500-4,500 Thanks

#3 ·
Wny

I'm glad to see you have an intrest in the SE Class but I'm afraid 502 is correct, there is just not many of these hulls on this coast. If your willing to travel out West there seems to be several good deals, but in most cases they would have been big block powered and would take some work to install a small block to run the SE class. I pick-up a 3rd hull a couple weeks ago that would make a great boat for what your looking to do. It's an Aqua Craft Shark. Just a great all around boat that I will be putting togeather just to help get this class off the ground. A Mandella would also be a great boat for what your looking to do but again finding a small block powered one will be almost impossible. I'm on Grand Island (between Buffalo and Niagara Falls) and If I can be of any help shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone # if you want to talk. Tim

#4 · (Edited)
Oh Timmie Tim Timmy

Hey, I thought we were friends! What about my E25 Jones-Javelin? Of course, hauling costs would be involved but where there is a will there is a way! Like your new name Timmie?? You have a Shark? Best riding boat next to the Jav. Might add: "It's an A Boat, the one the b-boats copied"! Just sayin.....

And Jones same as Javelins, ARE in a class all their own! (record holders! ohh that will leave a mark) I guess the old saying: You get what you pay for and the joy of a bargain instantly dissappears with the not so fun repairs of a piece of junk!
FIBERGLASS, can be worse than junk! Ever had to cut one up and fit it in the trash can? Of course, there are 12" high flower pots or as one put it,"A raised Garden spot"! Off to the hardware store to get a tree limb saw!

#8 ·
Hey, I thought we were friends! What about my E25 Jones-Javelin? Of course, hauling costs would be involved but where there is a will there is a way! Like your new name Timmie?? You have a Shark? Best riding boat next to the Jav. Might add: "It's an A Boat, the one the b-boats copied"! Just sayin.....

And Jones same as Javelins, ARE in a class all their own! (record holders! ohh that will leave a mark) I guess the old saying: You get what you pay for and the joy of a bargain instantly dissappears with the not so fun repairs of a piece of junk!
FIBERGLASS, can be worse than junk! Ever had to cut one up and fit it in the trash can? Of course, there are 12" high flower pots or as one put it,"A raised Garden spot"! Off to the hardware store to get a tree limb saw![/QUOTE

Boyd,Boyd,Boyd,
We are friends !! Hell were almost like Brothers. With me being the smarter one. The one that knows the Biesemeyer IS the best circle boat ever built.
Boyd you must first learn to read. He said he was looking for a SKI BOAT with possible use as an SE. That little boat you have is a really neat piece but built for ponds like you run on out your way. That hull maybe the farthest from a ski boat as any built. It's like the little boat I have It's a race boat and not for most of the water we race in, on this coast. Now that Shark you have would be the boat !!! Take Care Brother Timmie Tim Timmy

#6 ·
Thanks for the info. Tim, we emailed back when I had a project RaysonCraft. I ended up selling that boat to the owner of marina that I had doing the work on it. I am willing to travel and expect to have to do so. My main goal is to get a reliable flat to run as my family ski boat for a season and then maybe race it after I learned to drive it. I already have a sbc so I would just need headers/logs and plates to make the swap right? ~Victorian

#7 ·
Victorian,
I'm surprised not more have jumped in with boats for sale. The parts you mentioned would be a good start, but there will be alot of other things you will need to make the swap. Untill you get a hull you just don't know. There is supposed to be 3-4 boats coming up for sale from a guys collection on this coast. I have a friend that is going to look at them next week. He is going to let me know if there is anything worth while. Tim

#9 ·
Timmie Tim Sha Ree

ShaaaaRee; Thrown in for good taste cause my post wont have any! What do you call our tiny outboard hydroplane courses? Big wide turn ponds ya say? Ione Wa. had almost a one pin turn for #1! No wide 5 pinners you suspect the NW has just for the Jones Bunch!
Now, if I dont sell this rare race boat, you will see the first ski tow bar, or possibly a wake board center mount bar installed by warm weather! Hey, dweeb, it gets great fuel economy! Now go hug your pet brother!
You should sell that little rough riding b-boat you have while the market is still there for them due to SE! And get a nice riding boat built for Adults! Oh Brother!

#11 ·
Gotta

Love the above shot of Sweet Caroline (LaveyCraft) sitting next to E25 Charley, next to K99 Trojan Ghost recreation, next to the fastest Hallet currently circle racing! I can live with that being my last race!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.