Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The outboard definitely has the advantage in the corners but not the outright speed of the blown boat. The engine on the outboard is not F1 legal and is basically stuffed after 1 or 2 races but it goes hard when it stays together.there are several races in Australia where the unlimited outboard tunnels get to race against the blown boats but this boat with craig bailey driving is the only one that is competitive. That race was the first time john cross had driven the blue boat TUFF e NUFF !

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Doh!!

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
LEAVE IT TO THE AUSSIE'S to do something like this. to bad that some of the racing clubs here in the USA do not do that. GREAT VIDIO.

I tried last year. The powers at be were going to let me race my outboard at Burley last year up until the last minute. Somebody was bitching about an outboard handling different than the other boats, so the head referee pulled the plug and wouldn't allow me to race!!

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
You said head...:)grn
In a beavis and butthead voice....hehe hehe heeeehehehehhehehee hehheheheheheheeeeehhehehee
you said head too!!! hehehehehehehe hehehe ehehehe e hhehehehehe

·
Registered
386 Posts
Obviously no one seems to remember the old "Regatta of Champions" race that the Long Beach Boat and Ski Club used to put on at Long Beach Marine Stadium every April back in the late 1960s and early 1970s. It was a non-sanctioned, run-what-you-brung, strictly for money sprint circle race. There were no classes -- outboards, SS, SK, E, Cracker Box, etc. all ran together in 5-lap heats. The day started just like a NASCAR event with single boat time trials. Your fastest lap time determined where you'd be placed in the competition -- the eight fastest boats automatically advanced to the semi-finals. Everybody else had to run elimination heats to fill eight more slots. Once the 16 semi-finalists were determined, we ran two heats of eight boats each, the first four advancing to the finals which was another 5-lap race for the best eight boats of the day for all the money. It was a flying clock start and Otto Crocker did the timing. Never had a problem with mixing classes and types of boats. It did make for an incredibly entertaining show for the spectators.

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
In the several videos I've seen it looks like the vbottom boats really struggle getting around the corners quickly but are probably faster or as fast as our K boats on the straights. Just an observation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts