Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has to take more HP to turn the impeller and the inducer
Has anyone made a corrected curve on the graph? DPS inducer

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,098 Posts
actually I don't think it does take any more power.

the HP charts are based on how long the impeller holds on to the water ( for lack of a better choice of words) and releases it. The inducer helps feed it but once moving the water just packs right past it.

S CP

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
It may be percieved to lose HP on the launch, but infact it's the pump being fed and loaded that keeps the rpm's down. As far as HP loss none I've ever noticed, no noticable difference in top speed either. With out one, I would cavitate up to about 30 mph at the punch.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The inducer does not rob HP. It actually works at a time when the impeller is not loaded and is wasting the available HP that is there. During this short period of time, the inducer is doing the work of getting the water to the impeller. It requiures way less HP to turn it than a loaded impeller does. Once the impeller is loaded and absorbing the HP, and the speed of the boat has increased, the inducer is basically in a state of limbo; other than that it helps distribute a more evenly balanced load of water to the impeller. We have been doing a tremendous amount of research on these pre-loaders in the past year and a half and have gained a huge amount of knowledge that is eventually going to show up in trems of some new products to inhance the performance of our pumps.

Duane HTP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts