Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
sometimes Mr. LLGirl ;)
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone has inducers on their hot rods now. What about on heavy jets? Anyone have an inducer on their cruisers? How do they work. Is it worth the money for added performance, ie: plane easier, more efficient, etc.

I have a big ass heavy pig of a 21" commander open bow. I think it weighs just shy of a million pounds full of gas. Just curious how an inducer would work on it.

Mrll

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
I know everyone has inducers on their hot rods now. What about on heavy jets? Anyone have an inducer on their cruisers? How do they work. Is it worth the money for added performance, ie: plane easier, more efficient, etc.

I have a big ass heavy pig of a 21" commander open bow. I think it weighs just shy of a million pounds full of gas. Just curious how an inducer would work on it.

Mrll
What impeller does the pump currently have in it? From everything I've read around here, the big heavy boats seem to like the A or the AA impellers. The purpose of an inducer is to help get out of the hole without cavitating the pump. On plane at speed it does nothing.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
had one installed in my 23' hallett when i had mpd do a bunch of other things to the pump. this thing is at least a million pounds, when it's only got 40 gallons in the tanks (it'll hold more). made a huge difference in how hard it launches - very responsive for a giant tanker with no power...

·
Pink Taco
215 Posts
I say do it if ur pockets are deep enough, or if the pump is apart or planning on taking it apart it's well worth it. When i did mine it only cost a fraction of the rest of the work i was doing while my pump was at the shop

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one in my 21 omega closed bow. With 30 gallons of fuel in it and 600hp from dead in the water I can floor it without blowing the pump away, and it comes out right next to my brothers 18 sanger jetw/500hp. I never had one before this boat and I will never have a jet without one again.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Get real

Dump the jet and go back to a FLAT / The INDUCER wont help that pig.:) P.S. it wasnt that long ago you were the Boat Stud of Lost Lake.Time to regain your status! The 21ft jet isnt going to cut it.

·
sometimes Mr. LLGirl ;)
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dump the jet and go back to a FLAT / The INDUCER wont help that pig.:) P.S. it wasnt that long ago you were the Boat Stud of Lost Lake.Time to regain your status! The 21ft jet isnt going to cut it.
Believe me, his daughter is wanting him to do the same thing! I'm afraid the 21' will have to stay though!

Dawn (<--- can't believe I have to sign my name because the hubby has taken over my screen name :p)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.