Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting some for the Scarab. Bought a few Optima's for it this weekend and they have some offer where you get a free Mustang Inflatable life vest. Is this thing gonna be any good?

What are the good ones? Do you want the auto or manual inflate?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think you should try them out in the Jacuzzi with the ladies and post the pics Keith!!

PS, I might need some more RE speakers soon!!!:D Does he do HLCD's ?

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
STV,i fish in Alaska and some of the guys are going to the inflatables,i have seen several get activated by accident but these guys are working deck while wearing them,the ones ive seen have a pull cord to the inside thats long enough to get outside the vest and catch on something,try talking to youre local coast guard guys they know what works and what dosent,carry spare cylinders any ways,good luck

·
Registered
410 Posts
Inflatables

Mustang is top of the line but Bass Pro Shops sells one that is made by mustang, and its half the cost. There are a number of them on the market and they are either manual, hydrostatic/automatic, or both. I use the one that has the manual pull tab and is hydrostatic, that way I am protected both ways. If you are going to be running at high speeds I would use the traditional vest type, foam does not deflate or become useless when you hit the water at a high rate of speed. The vest type are also a little more secure(harder for the water to tear off when you hit.) I use the inflatable type because sometimes I leave it on when fishing... You can't go wrong with either, especially if you just dropped 2 bills on an optima and they will give a free Mustang PFD with your purchase..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts