Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody familiar with or own and Essex Fusion? How would you complare it to a Howard, Hallett or Eliminator Decks? Build quality and ability to handle the big lakes like Mead in the windy afternoons?

·
mud slinger
2,012 Posts
Is anybody familiar with or own and Essex Fusion? How would you complare it to a Howard, Hallett or Eliminator Decks? Build quality and ability to handle the big lakes like Mead in the windy afternoons?
I dont own one but I would never put in the same class of boats as those. just my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
? fusion

spent some time on lake havasue he has 800 hp he did not look like he was haveing a rough ride when he passed me at 70 in 4 foot white caps.
as for how it is built i am on fourth boat i looked at all the other brands
and for the ride you get at 70 mph in 4 foot white caps you dont spill
a lot of your drink

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
the essex fusion is a new boat that shares no common things with any other deck or reg cat. the hull is new and there has only been 3 or 4 built there is a write up in last months PB on the red and orange one with the teague 800. 100 mile an hr boat:)devil with the standard HO its capable of 70's. essex makes a good strong boat a bit heavy but well tuned for optimum performance. essex spares no expensie when building. every thing that is standard is top shelf and usually an option with other builders. a bit pricey but will worth it. ive be for a ride in the first one out of the mold during testing and was impressed it rode very nice. you cannot compare the essex to howard or hallet or any other mfg you have to go with what catches your eye and makes you happy good luck with your decision

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like this is fairly new model with very few boats built. Any owners out there? does anybdy have a link to the PB article?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How happy are you with your boat and Essex? Would you reccomend it to others? What is your engine and drive setup and how happy are you with it?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I hear this company is owned by 2 guys referred to as the "Sanchez Brothers".

I also hear from competent builders - they build a nice boat.

I'm curious.

Does Essex vaccum bag?

What is their hull laid up with?

UD

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
I hear this company is owned by 2 guys referred to as the "Sanchez Brothers".

I also hear from competent builders - they build a nice boat.

I'm curious.

Does Essex vaccum bag?

What is their hull laid up with?

UD

not vaccum bagged. been known to be a bit heavy esp there 29 v bottom all in all a very strong stout boat. ron and steve sanchez are great guys i have a laser which is made by essex. the diff is 10 hull warrenty vs 5 year and essex uses higher end odds and ends for fit and finish. hand laid hulls with the typical resins and glass high end typical if that exsists

laser to essex is what a camary is to a lexus

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
not vaccum bagged. been known to be a bit heavy esp there 29 v bottom all in all a very strong stout boat. ron and steve sanchez are great guys i have a laser which is made by essex. the diff is 10 hull warrenty vs 5 year and essex uses higher end odds and ends for fit and finish. hand laid hulls with the typical resins and glass high end typical if that exsists

laser to essex is what a camary is to a lexus

Love to go for a ride in it- Thanks!

UD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts