1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alpine deck with wireless remote
2 pdx amps (ran 1/0 wire)
4 jl 7.7 speakers
2 mb quarts (the older German made quality ones)
2 10 inch sub
New Dana battery box 27
Battery switch

Big job but turned out pretty nice. Not a big stereo like rollbar boats but sounds clean and loud. Will post pics soon.

Ready for a run.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice stuff!!! So your going with (2) 27 batteries? I want to do that. The (2) 24's aren't makin' it in my boat.
Thanks. Need to get it in the water as the sound will change. Then I can do some fine tuning. The marine JL 7.7's are amazing. Highly reccomend them.

The 24's aren't enough because you run big power. Yes, I am running 2 27's. The boat originally had a 24 in a 27 box. I replaced the 24 with an Interstate 27 and added a second 27 series and Dana battery box. Intertstate carries 2 types of RV/Deep cycle 27's. I chose the one with higher capacity. Both batteries are run through Blue Sea battery switch. It was originally run with #2 battery cables. I upgraded to 1/0 battery cables and 1/0 amp kit to a distribution block and then #4 to the amps. Overkill but a nice platform for upgrades later.

Next I am going to build/run a set of leads fix mounted on the boat with a forklift style plug that will attach to a set up jumper cables. I built a set on the 22 Daytona and served me well.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
Thanks. Need to get it in the water as the sound will change. Then I can do some fine tuning. The marine JL 7.7's are amazing. Highly reccomend them.

The 24's aren't enough because you run big power. Yes, I am running 2 27's. The boat originally had a 24 in a 27 box. I replaced the 24 with an Interstate 27 and added a second 27 series and Dana battery box. Intertstate carries 2 types of RV/Deep cycle 27's. I chose the one with higher capacity. Both batteries are run through Blue Sea battery switch. It was originally run with #2 battery cables. I upgraded to 1/0 battery cables and 1/0 amp kit to a distribution block and then #4 to the amps. Overkill but a nice platform for upgrades later.

Next I am going to build/run a set of leads fix mounted on the boat with a forklift style plug that will attach to a set up jumper cables. I built a set on the 22 Daytona and served me well.
deltarat has that forklift jumper do-hickie in the fountain thought it was pretty slick!!

·
the silver bullet!
1,996 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE A REAL LOT OF WEIGHT !!!i hope it doesn't hurt the big # on the top end ,cuz rumor has it that guy tunnel t has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!lol TUNNEL T

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOUNDS LIKE A REAL LOT OF WEIGHT !!!i hope it doesn't hurt the big # on the top end ,cuz rumor has it that guy tunnel t has a few tricks up his sleeve!!!lol TUNNEL T
Making me laugh but I thought the same thing. Probably added 110 lbs with new stereo and battery. However, I changed my lifestyle and have lost 57 lbs. since Dec. 1, 2010 with many more to go. Hope to see you and the family soon.

Rick

·
Registered
100 Posts
Rick,
Awesome job on the weight loss.
Hope to see you on the water soon.
Charlie

Making me laugh but I thought the same thing. Probably added 110 lbs with new stereo and battery. However, I changed my lifestyle and have lost 57 lbs. since Dec. 1, 2010 with many more to go. Hope to see you and the family soon.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts