Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in middle of swapping out a panther for a berk setback set up, and am having a clearence issue between the oil pan and intake i have a bout a 1/4 " with the motor set in line with a degree or 2 of deveation in the drive line will this be okay

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
As long as your angles are correct you should be fine. I've had them where they only had about 1/4" between the oil pan and pump intake. What kind of engine, oil pan, and hull is it?

·
Registered
995 Posts
mounts

2004 carrera eclipse gen v 454 chevy dooley 10qt pan glenwood mounts
Over time your motor will sag down. How long it takes is how you drive your boat. I would install a rail kit now. It destributes the load over a larger area and your motor won't sag. Bolts thru stringers at four mounting points tend to sag with time.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Mine has less clearance than that. We actually had to grind some off the top of the hull-intake bolts to get the pan to clear. But I also run a rail kit thought.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
cut the excess bolt off so its flush with the top of the nuts, how close is it after you do this?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cut the boss's off where the loader would bolt on and also cut all mounting bolts down to the nuts and this is where I have a 1/4" clearence

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I am in middle of swapping out a panther for a berk setback set up, and am having a clearence issue between the oil pan and intake i have a bout a 1/4 " with the motor set in line with a degree or 2 of deveation in the drive line will this be okay
Jeff as you know We regularly do these "swaps". Using a 7 3/4 to maybe... 8" pan and having a standard 1310 drive line (8.5+ or - OAL) you will have about 1/4 clearance between the base of the pan and the top of the intake when Jet/engine and driveline are set correctly . You might consider drilling and tapping your front intake bolt holes oversize then installing a larger counter sunk screw (5/16) this allows install of those fasteners without nuts and washers Tom

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Also, try using a half nut on the front intake bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts