Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ya go Tommy , probably responsible for more than one of your problems , whoever reset this intake last didn't "disturb" the original Marine-Tex they just "gooed it" and put the screws back in Tom

a little tip to those using anything with (2 part) hardener always reserve a small amount back on a piece of cardboard or ? to check it for proper curing :)bulb

and then there was the "stick" too :)

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
holy smokes.....seems you never have enough work time with the stuff. Thats like it was never mixed.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:))eek:)) pretty damn funny and it's probably a good thing you've been related to her for quite a few years to be saying something like that :D
HEE HEE not to mention she used the fake sour cream stuff to boot! Its OK Steve she doesnt frequent these forums too often !

Tommy this Miller had to leak like a sieve (sp) Tom

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much more to say.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
HEE HEE not to mention she used the fake sour cream stuff to boot! Its OK Steve she doesnt frequent these forums too often !

Tommy this Miller had to leak like a sieve (sp) Tom

Jesus. I knew the guy screwed it up......but damn. I am speechless. It saved me a 400 mile drive when I took it to shop "B" last winter for a simple re-set.
And cost me most of the summer of boating, a complete engine re-pull and install, in boat impeller change, cavitation and jet damage, 20 MPH loss in speed.
I knew when I saw the screw heads with silicone sticking out I may have made a big mistake.

Yes the water was actually SHOOTING straight up from every bolt in the adapter flange after I ran it only a few hours total. That trip, the boat "spun out" at about 40MPH and nearly pitched deb out. Thats when I had enough and contacted Tom.

Lesson learned guys, if You aren't going to do it yourself, don't EVER try to save a dime by scrimping where it counts. It will cost WAY more in the end. If not dollars, then lost time on the water, and a LOT of extra work. Not to mention the Safety aspect.

Thank You Tom, I look forward to having our "Baby" fixed right!!!:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
Where was that stick at??:mad:

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
WOW. I remember reading about this earlier this year. Man that sucks. Could have lost your boat. How could anyone risk your safety like that.

Should come out perfect now that Tom has it!:)devil

That Splinter, was it in the bowl?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
WOW. I remember reading about this earlier this year. Man that sucks. Could have lost your boat. How could anyone risk your safety like that.

Should come out perfect now that Tom has it!:)devil

That Splinter, was it in the bowl?
I blame ONLY myself, I knew better.:|err

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tommy (& Cave) The "oil soaked" stick was in the bowl and fell out when I upended it, the presence of oil suggests the seal is out/leaking (will pull the jet later) Working up $ for ya on the "adds" and options this weekend more to follow .....The worse part aside from the "dead" epoxy was that the shoddy workmanship that didn't chip,clean,grind and reset the intake (it was in at 2* and crooked ) instead it was "slopped' back in . I would encourage you to talk whoever did it in private Tom

Hammer I think I can see the Blessed virgin in you Cardboard Palate (white part) ;) better not disturb !

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
someone should not be working on boats, but thats been know for some time now. How many other customers are out there, not knowing any better??

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow!

That is sickening. Especially with the fact that the intake wasnt set square in the boat. I had the same problem with epoxy not curing on the brackets I used to bolt my seats down. (I epoxied alluminum 90* brackets to the fiberglass I laid on the floor instead of making any penetrations in the "envelope"). I pulled the brackets, sanded all the epoxy off the brackets and floor, and then I used a two part epoxy that came with a "mixing nozzle". I will never use two part epoxies without the self mixing nozzle, always get the right amount of each part and always well mixed when it exits the nozzle.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Seems to have cleaned up nice! Got to love when someone who does this for a living posts progress on a members boat, Maybe some of us will learn something here. (IE me)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts