Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jet boat...twin turbo big block chevy with bowtie aluminum heads and a team G single plane manifold.

Recommendations?

I know I was running too much pressure on the old gasket and it blew...but figured I would see what the latest greatest is...or old tried and true.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i think the felpro p# we used on the blow thru 496 was 90005. they had metal cores and the material wasn't paper, it was more like header gasket material. i ran them on my blown 475 and it'd be impossible to blow em as long as the intake and head angles are right.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Has your manifold been milled? I ask because it looks to sit real low relative to the gasket, which, as Obnoxious001 pointed out, is too low itself. If you move the gasket up to where it belongs I wonder if it wont extend past the edge of the manifold in the corner I circled. It is barely sealing in that corner already. You may need to consider the thicker intake gaskets.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Don't buy that part number for your application,, that one is for the 4 extra bolts on factory GM heads and intake.

Also, make sure you use some kind of gasket adhesive, your photo shows yours much lower than centered.
damn...already shipped :(

do you happen to know which one I need?

the head was angle milled .125, the intake has not been.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts