Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1987 Baker tunnel with an early Dominator pump and I am wondering about the set. Here are a few pictures.

When I lay a straight edge along the bottom of the hull the leading edge is almost an inch above and the shoe is at least 3/4 of on inch above.
I just upgraded to an 800 hp engine don't feel I am going to see max gains without some major work on the pump.
I am new to this and did some searches but it looks like I need some expert opinions on this specific setup.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks, Alan

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Nice boat one the top side:)devil I would definitely
find a shop that knew what they're doing and get that intake reset. I can't really tell from the pics, but do you have a delaminating problem also?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's paint flaking. I looked that over real good when I found it. The bottom does need some serious attention.
Alan

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Like Outlaw said Thas a Bitchen Boat !, The "repairs' around the intake area suggest some leakage and thus the neccesity to remove and reset no matter what Call if we can help , we do a lot of these Tom

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm no expert and I might be seeing it wrong. But, doesnt that look like flat keel intake ? Maybe the hull had a flat keel and someone added the round section. That might explain why the intake looks so high. Is the keel flat or rounded on the inside ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm no expert and I might be seeing it wrong. But, doesnt that look like flat keel intake ? Maybe the hull had a flat keel and someone added the round section. That might explain why the intake looks so high. Is the keel flat or rounded on the inside ?
That is one of my concerns, I did not want to voice it to find out if anyone else saw it. I don't have any history on this hull other than it is rumored to have been a drag boat at one time. The inside is contoured but not as much as the bottom. Is anyone familiar with this style hull?
Alan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts