Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to take my intake out so i can 1 reseal because the bolts were loose this summer and it was leaking and 2 so i can get it machined for a shoe.....what are some things i should know before tackling this project is this somthing relativly easy to do or should i have someone do it for me thanks in advance

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
depends on how handy you are. its not hard but you have to make sure
you do it correctly.

If you have any doubts, take it to a real professional because it is critical

JBP just posted a good thread on this

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks tom outlaw im pretty handy i meen im master certified auto tech but i dont have much experiance with glass or fab type work when it comes to hulls i read that thread and the only thing i was concerned about was getting it square and the angle right or is that not a very big concern once a boat has been set up before

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
thanks tom outlaw im pretty handy i meen im master certified auto tech but i dont have much experiance with glass or fab type work when it comes to hulls i read that thread and the only thing i was concerned about was getting it square and the angle right or is that not a very big concern once a boat has been set up before
Soooo then
Mechanic "A" says Measure, check and double check and triple check then epoxy set !
Mechanic "B" says goop it with sillycone and dump it in ;)
(from one Certified Master tech to another ;)) ,just pickin Bud !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts