Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few Lee core's for a lee intercooler If any body needs one.
Or I have complete Intercooler's of my design.
Just E-mail me and let me know.
John.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
What are your intercoolers based off of? (what type of intake?)

Are they blower or turbo intercoolers?

pics please

[email protected]

I am looking for a BBC Dart tunnel ram/twin turbo set up for draw thru's

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are your intercoolers based off of? (what type of intake?)

Are they blower or turbo intercoolers?

pics please

[email protected]

I am looking for a BBC Dart tunnel ram/twin turbo set up for draw thru's

I have both of the lee type turbo and blower.
The ones I Mfg, are for blowers.
My Hard drive went out but i was able to save most everything but the re-size program and a few other things, So if you can send me you E-mail I can send you pic's.

·
The Great Humongous
701 Posts
I've been running one of John's housings and coolers on my blown 496 for 5 years. Not a single problem with it. He was great to deal with on the cooler, and also helped me out finding some other parts for my v-drive. Stand up guy in my book.

Couple pics I dug up:

·
Registered
436 Posts
I bought one of his through Gary Teague.Did not have the same luck.Core leaked and bent some rods.It was about 2 months old.I rebuilt engine and bought another core for 100 bucks:mad:.Should of been free.No problems since.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
how much for the roots type ic?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought one of his through Gary Teague.Did not have the same luck.Core leaked and bent some rods.It was about 2 months old.I rebuilt engine and bought another core for 100 bucks:mad:.Should of been free.No problems since.
Normally I wouldn't say any thing but in this case I kinda feel I need to.
#1. It didn't leaked when you got it I know that for a fact.
#2. It did leak after you ran you boat at lake smell-some-more
(lake elsinore) and had some motor prob, NOT related to my cooler.

#3. After you had those prob, you sat the cooler on its side on a shelf for some time till you got you boat fixed.

#4.then put it back on and it leaked someone shot it with a shotgun
just like 3 of R,Lee's and two of mine that I have seen that have been run on that lake. And 3 out of 5 are in my position

The water is very corrosive on intercoolers just like saltwater.
That's why the MFG, of these core's say to flush them out EVERYTIME you run them them take them out and put them into the oven @150deg, for 2hr,.
BTW I have ran my last cooler for 4 yr, 800+ gal, a yr of fuel thru my boat in lake Havasu an river I just put a new one in because it was plugging up finally

After talking to you and you telling me the story what happen, I called the mfg and said What The F*^# I have a brand new core that is leaking like a sieve.
I said I checked it before it went out (and they pis test them to 100psi for me before I get them) so whats up, This core looked brandnew, So i told the that this guy only run it once WTF is up. They said BS to say the lease.
So i took it to them They cut it apart rt, in front of me and showed me why it leaked. So if anyone wants to see the after math I would be more than Happy to send you pic's and you can post them up on here Do to computer prob, i cant post pic's.

Go somewhere else and see what they charg.
John

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I bought a couple Lee Turbo cores from John a few years back and have not had a problem. He was great to work with and knows his stuff.
Mike

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
there seems to be some interest in ur coolers, but, people need to know how much for either style or cores???? :)...lets get with the program!!!! :)sphss

FastRat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts