Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the only PINK boats to run the lower River not mine but my kids and it's also a Predator but from Neil back in the day MED lay up, sister boat to "Green with Envy" and it's getting a full interior restore And new fresh pump and fresh 468 13.5 to 1 motor it had full carpet, bench seat,2 batteries had no alternator,huge fuel filter, tank selector 2 miles of wiring the engine dam was made of wood and 1/4 aluminum it had gas tank side covers and 2 -22 gallon saddle tanks and who the hell needs that much gas, well today boat got gutted and parts are being ordered cant decide if the floor should be sanded and Prestec or shoot gel coat like a dark grey, going full engine stranger center tank ,moving the motor forward total rewire, rear alternator center console This thing went on a diet. More pics as it gets done

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hitting it with some 80Grit on the drivers side tunnel, going to take awhile this boat was layed up for carpet and no finished floor at all, we have some sanding to do,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
That will be ALOT of sanding!! Thought about doing that to my stringers but took the easy way out. Carpet. It'll be worth it, especially in that boat!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kept telling the Kid to re-carpet but wants the bare floor look the sanding will be done he says tomorrow and ready for some product to get shot on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
prestec

I like the idea of Prestec or similar clear product over grey or solid color. Just my opinion. Looks like a nice project that is going to be even nicer when it is completed.
Darin

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right at 10 hours of sanding one person Kid is wishing he did carpet I bet,,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well at 12 hours of sanding it's half way done and it sits :indifferent0001: hard to explain that you only have 12 more hours and your done ,,,no more sanding . My dad would of had me do this with a block and a piece of sandpaper while the whole time he would of had a bitchen palm sander in his back pocket,KIDS

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rough cut bulkhead

Got them knocked out need final sanding and some wee bit adjustments going to look good with some clear Press tech really opened up the boat and brought it up to date.

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man that's A lot of work..are you going to put some floatation under the deck?
I don't mean water wings ;)
Actually there were 2 life jackets from I think day one that were behind the bulkhead that got cut into when we started cutting, one on each side so now there wont be any hidden articles plus 10 pounds of sand and easy to get the water out, my old 82 Daytona had a huge bag of foam peanuts and it was so wet and moldy just nasty had to be factory no way you could of got them in there this one turned out good plus now you can store a canopy on the side no problem and looks more up to date

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dowel

Well floor is 99% sanded, Dowels are resin in and sanded need to start the side bulk heads then on to the Product getting sprayed .

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Motor parts

The motor begins and the parts start to roll in ,Only the good ones .

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gunnel bulkheads fab up and ready for install that took a bit for a proper fit and correct clearance not to touch the fiberglass of the boat needs to have clearance or you'll have crazy stress cracks ,We had to cut out the old ones out to get the gas tank out and I have to say they were not installed very well to say the least Glass was poor quality we really just pulled them out and a little grid job . It's done right now ,,,I kept the template so anyone else needs it ask,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered my Prestec clear and grey gel coat, boat will be grey center and cleared over the entire inside of boat/floors I was told spray the grey gel coat thinned by MEK by 10 to 15 % spray the center early morning with the grey pull tape after 30 mins next day, morning spray the rest of boat even over the Grey Gel coat with the clear Prestec does this sound correct ? any extra advice would help,,,,

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kids Floors get sprayed next weekend in the mean time he bought product and fiber glassed the seat bases/waterproof and seats covers are being made ,,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got Areo space Pump ,,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First gel color is sprayed some sanding and the clear is next ,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kids floors are done, Thank you Baby Jesus,,,,,,A big thank you to Derrick Meyer for all the tips and walking us through the process...This thing turned out flippin good,,,,
Anyone doing this for the first time have 3 people and it should go smooth a lot of prep and time and weather is a big deal to spray,,do test batches before you start .

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Set the pump,,,

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts