Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to have my living room window (possibly others...) hooked up for the little lady, any info would be appreciated!
Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
574 Posts
What are you looking to have done? I have a friend who tints residential windows.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Marc! I am looking for an actual covering, i.e. shutters or shades of sorts.
Just had the Home Depot company come out for an est. and I have to say...I am in the wrong business! A rough est. was $2500 for the nice shutters (ABS Plastic) that are recessed due to it being a large area and being that its the corner of the house, they would have to build an anchoring post!

Something didnt sound right, think ill get a few more est. I typically am not the type to bargain shop like this but I had no clue window covering was this spendy!
The search is on!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Quality window coverings are very expensive. I have customers that spend hundreds of dollars just to have them cleaned once every year or two.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Whiteworks will be who I use.

Thumbs- WOW!...that just sounds lazy!...thats almost a river trip!!

·
small member
1,480 Posts
go to hd pick what you want. have your measurements with you and have them cut them there.
4 screws to install. save a bunch. i think it cost me less then half the estimates i got looks just as good.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks Whiteworks will be who I use.

Thumbs- WOW!...that just sounds lazy!...thats almost a river trip!!
The cleaning we do is Ultrasonic so its not like just dusting them or hosing them down. We come to your home or business and take them down, do all the cleaning, lube, repairs and reinstall them. For folks that spend thousand on covering it well worth it to maintain them. No different than having your carpet or windows professionally cleaned.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I am in the window covering business..as well as flooring. When we sell shutters...we don't refer to them as window coverings. They are window furniture.:)sphss:)grn

1 - 15 of 15 Posts