Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up Locos? Summer Greetings!! What the hell did I get myself into??? Picked up this 19 Foot 1975 Sanger <--Did I spell that right??? ...last Friday. BBF 460 w/Berkeley Pump... Tandem trailer... Wife is stoked as for she grew up "on the river," but I got a feeling I just became a mechanic... Seriously though i'm very excited about this new addition to our family and CAN'T wait to launch it for the first time this weekend!!!

Good starter boat??? What do you think???

IMG_20110618_092802.jpg IMG_20110618_111656.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
Looks nice! Welcome! The two greatest days in a boater life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it LMAO! have fun with it:)devil

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Great starter boat! Congrats and welcome to the circus....and yes, you will be brushing up on your mechanic skills at some point.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Great starter boat, you will have fun in it and even more fun just enjoying it with your family!

Where do you plan on boating at?
Go Bolts!!:)devil

·
Registered
354 Posts
nice boat

Welcome to the jet boats, yea you probably just became a mechanic but the good news is you get to the point that you just do oil and filter changes then its reliable, looks like alot of fun!:)devil

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Welcome to the jet boats, yea you probably just became a mechanic but the good news is you get to the point that you just do oil and filter changes then its reliable, looks like alot of fun!:)devil
X2 outdrives get expensive really quick! Boats looks really clean, congrats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow!!! Break Out Another Thousand huh???? Try 4 Thousand!!! First trip out to El Cap and thought I had identified a blown head gasket... Turns out I had two cracked heads, bad pistons, rusted rods, etc... etc...

:duh::duh::duh::duh:

Oh well. Fresh top end is going to need breaking in.... Hoping to get her back sometime in January......should give me plenty of tuning time to get setup for next season...

Perris, Havasu, Big River, Parker, HERE WE COME BABY!!!

·
Tabs Up Drives Out
380 Posts
Wow!!! Break Out Another Thousand huh???? Try 4 Thousand!!! First trip out to El Cap and thought I had identified a blown head gasket... Turns out I had two cracked heads, bad pistons, rusted rods, etc... etc...

:duh::duh::duh::duh:

Oh well. Fresh top end is going to need breaking in.... Hoping to get her back sometime in January......should give me plenty of tuning time to get setup for next season...

Perris, Havasu, Big River, Parker, HERE WE COME BABY!!!
Sorry to hear, that had to suck............... Never the less, Like the avatar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts