Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event has been cancelled due to low participation. In order for me to reserve the Lake for three days, I would need a much bigger response. I have now booked another event there for Saturday and Sunday.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suckfish, Tiki sending refunds out today. CS 19 irvine lake 5 k mud race on sunday 25 should be good event

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
This event has been cancelled due to low participation. In order for me to reserve the Lake for three days, I would need a much bigger response. I have now booked another event there for Saturday and Sunday.
In the future, could a deadline or minimum boat count by "xyz" date be known?

I would have assisted in making this happen. I'm sure a lot of others would have as well if they knew of even the slightest chance that it was going to be cancelled.

Look how big we got the Tom Papp deal to be ... and it wasn't going to be as big as this was IMO.

Call me in the future Dave and I will get the jetters together like Tony & Billy do with the v-drivers.

Brian
949-870-5773 cell

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Dave, Thank you for the opportunity to have a jet boat regatta. I think it is unfortunate that we could not get enough boats together in time to have this event but I am confident that if the economy was better you would have a full show and then some.
Another way to do this would be to have a combined V-drive and jet boat regatta. That way Irvine Lake could host the best of both types of boats and put on show that would appeal to a wider demographic of boat lovers. On top of the infamous K-boat challenge Irvine Lake could also host a 1,000 ft drag race for a v-drive Vs. jet boat show down. Not only would this make for great spectating, but it would also make for a great incentive for future events because neither boat type would be happy if the other won thus causing the rivalry, and event to continue. If this is an idea that you would be interested in pursuing please let us know and we discuss it further.

Regards,
Jordan Woods

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Dave, Thank you for the opportunity to have a jet boat regatta. I think it is unfortunate that we could not get enough boats together in time to have this event but I am confident that if the economy was better you would have a full show and then some.
Another way to do this would be to have a combined V-drive and jet boat regatta. That way Irvine Lake could host the best of both types of boats and put on show that would appeal to a wider demographic of boat lovers. On top of the infamous K-boat challenge Irvine Lake could also host a 1,000 ft drag race for a v-drive Vs. jet boat show down. Not only would this make for great spectating, but it would also make for a great incentive for future events because neither boat type would be happy if the other won thus causing the rivalry, and event to continue. If this is an idea that you would be interested in pursuing please let us know and we discuss it further.

Regards,
Jordan Woods

Dang woods.

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Not to sound like a total prick or anything. Here's my 02 cents.

I think your average Jet Boater was intimidated by the Racers bringing there 100+ MPH Boats. My thinking was I wonder if my boat is good enough to be out there with your guys. Not as in racing cause I would get sawed off at the chest and I'm OK with that. All you guys have bitchen boats. I'm not saying you guys have bad ass boats so you cant come. I'm just saying you Don't bring a Pinto to a car show.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts

I think your average Jet Boater was intimidated by the Racers bringing there 100+ MPH Boats. My thinking was I wonder if my boat is good enough to be out there with your guys. Not as in racing cause I would get sawed off at the chest and I'm OK with that. All you guys have bitchen boats. I'm not saying you guys have bad ass boats so you cant come. I'm just saying you Don't bring a Pinto to a car show.
Dude thats so far from the way things are, nobody cares.. Its all about the get together and having a good time.. Its not a race, infact there is no side by side racing allowed at Irvine.

CS

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
Maybe some warning of a sign up deadline in the future. I think a lot of people were planning on attending but since it was still a couple months out, didn't feel there was a big rush and didn't think it was going to get cancelled so far in advance.:)

·
Registered
4,549 Posts

They wouldnt allow you to pair up anyways, Run what you brung and have a fun filled weekend. I have been to most all of the V drive deals and they are about freinds talking shiat and meeting new people to hang out with and enjoy the time on the water.

This really does suck, but they gave us a chance, but I think it was just to far in advance for most to dedicate the funds for a get together that was 9 months out.

Oh well, we have the Tom Papp deal in January still and noone can take that from us..:)devil

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Yep, a little warning would have been nice so we could have tried to hussle up some entries. Fact is there are alot of jet guys here in socal and getting 75 boats would not be a problem. We had more than that in freezing cold JANUARY at elsinore.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,341 Posts
Maybe some warning of a sign up deadline in the future. I think a lot of people were planning on attending but since it was still a couple months out, didn't feel there was a big rush and didn't think it was going to get cancelled so far in advance.:)
Yep, a little warning would have been nice so we could have tried to hussle up some entries. Fact is there are alot of jet guys here in socal and getting 75 boats would not be a problem. We had more than that in freezing cold JANUARY at elsinore.
That was my point ... some sort of notice that there was a thought of cancelling would have been nice.

We could have gotten the 75 boats. We had 88 in Jan.

Dave, can we assist in planning next time?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts