Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well whos going with a not finished boat?
I wanted to take mine but I ran into a few set backs. The rub rail is on back order,so that wont get done,but I could half ass it and put a strip of electical tape around it like it was there. I really should of capped the damn thing since i did all off this work. Then friday night, I lit it off to get the timing set and check a few things and the fuel pump took a shiat and now thats broke. The pump is not together, Havent wired the trailer lights or got the new tires,but Hell i only live 5 min. from Irvine and I still have all week to finish all the little bullcrap.

So, should I take it or leave home untill its 100% done and water tested. It really sucks, you think your just about there and then you take 5 step backwards.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It really sucks, you think your just about there and then you take 5 step backwards.[/QUOTE]

Man have I been in your shoe's before.:mad:

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
I know how you feel! My boat was almost completely together mechanically, then I found out that I had to pull the motor back out and tear it back down.:mad: Talk about like a hundred steps backwards.:mad:

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I know Todd said he isn't going to have it done ... but by some miracle it is, I will have the WindWalker there to show off his work, nowhere near being done.

BB

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
I know Todd said he isn't going to have it done ... but by some miracle it is, I will have the WindWalker there to show off his work, nowhere near being done.

BB
Yeah, I was just kidding. I've seen the project and it will be at the show....completed. Ross has alot to be proud of. Its a beauty!!!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Here is an idea?Mike or cyclone is in charge of the boat,trk,motor cycle,car show.He may want to have a WORK IN PROGRESS awards.That way the people can vote on this also.I thought about having a P.O.S. award also.But this may back fire. I may win!We could have Mike work on the WORK IN PROGRESS awards.Most of us know how many hours it takes to build something custom.I have alot of respect for any home builder or fabricator.I just right checks to MPD and DNE.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know i won't win any awards. My home built junkbox is far from what I call perfect,but its mine.....:D

·
Registered
678 Posts
I know i won't win any awards. My home built junkbox is far from what I call perfect,but its mine.....:D
Dude, take your boat, support the cause. Who cares if it is a pile... just kidding.

Hey I plan on taking mine at this moment, and it is nothing compaired to Cyclones, CS's, (Anything Joe Morgan owns), and just about 99% of the other hardware that will be out there. Hell, my scoop doesn't even match my hull, but who cares. The more boats the better.

You can park yours next to mine which still has the original 1987 interior that is falling apart...

Now, I just need to find someone who wants to wetsand and buff the hull this week. $$$...

Todd? :)devil

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Guys, bring your boats, its all about supporting the NJBA. We dont care if its half done bring it out and help the club and show off your boat. Hope to see everyones stuff out there.

·
About 500' AGL
2,470 Posts
Im bummed.....yet another stellar boating event I will have to miss due to work getting in the way of my life. LOL

·
688 Posts
Let me see motors out, floors out, and we are just getting ready to start the rail kit.
I think i'll leave the boat at home and just come drool over everyone elses. oh yeah and buy parts.:D:)coffee

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I think Nelson should roll the Tri-hull jet out and do Lawnmower dances for a dollar each :D

That alone would make enough money to finish off the light fund hil:)

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Lifeline Trailer

Does anybody know if the Lifeline trailer will be out there this weekend ?

·
92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
1,374 Posts
Well whos going with a not finished boat?
I wanted to take mine but I ran into a few set backs. The rub rail is on back order,so that wont get done,but I could half ass it and put a strip of electical tape around it like it was there. I really should of capped the damn thing since i did all off this work. Then friday night, I lit it off to get the timing set and check a few things and the fuel pump took a shiat and now thats broke. The pump is not together, Havent wired the trailer lights or got the new tires,but Hell i only live 5 min. from Irvine and I still have all week to finish all the little bullcrap.

So, should I take it or leave home untill its 100% done and water tested. It really sucks, you think your just about there and then you take 5 step backwards.
Bring it you might be able to get a good deal on a fuel pump there:D mine is not done either the hat is not installed and the motor is not done:)hand
WHAT TIME IS A GOOD TIME TO SHOW UP?

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
I will have my deal as a complete package. Finished it up this past weekend. Just need to clean it up and detail it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
TIM JUST BRING IT!!!! When You arrive say the rail kit blew off on the way there. The pump is not together because Shawn back the boat into the garage for You and put the pump through the back wall which messed up the lights on the trailer. DONE DEAL.:):)bulb.(rivertard).

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
TIM JUST BRING IT!!!! When You arrive say the rail kit blew off on the way there. The pump is not together because Shawn back the boat into the garage for You and put the pump through the back wall which messed up the lights on the trailer. DONE DEAL.:):)bulb.(rivertard).
hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)hil:)

1 - 20 of 100 Posts