Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,

I own a 20 West Wind Jet Boat, West Wind??? I know I couldnt find anything on them but from what I been told its a cruiser style boat.
It has a stock pretty stout Hardin Marine 454 engine. I just added a place diverter, and was wondering if a Loader would help me?
I am not looking to create a speed monster, I am realist and know that my boat is pretty big and HEAVY, but would like give it a little more pep. So will a loader help me any? or is there something else I could do to free it up alittle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know I thought the same thing, but its a West Wind, at least thats what the tittle and the plate on the boat say. It has a Dominator pump 12S I believe and a Stock hardin BBC.
IMAG0250.jpg

I was looking at the entry level Loader since I am guessing this motor is putting out about 330HP, Like I said I just want to free it up alittle and give it a little more pep.
Now will a loader do that for me or should I be looking at doing something else, I already installed a place diverter and looking to take the next step, but since $$$ is a little tight I want to spend my money wisely.
Also here are some pictures I hope they came uot right since this is my first time loading any. Thanks for all yalls help.

IMAG0246.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank yall, and know I need more power. The problem is I am building another Jetboat that I plan on putting a blown BBC, so I dont really want to mess with this one much since I would like to atleast one reliable boat for us to cruise on, plus she would kill me if I started sinking $$$ on this one without having the other project completed.. I just want to free it up alittle.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I agree with Outlaw. Need more horsepower to tell a difference of adding a Loader. Adding the Place Diverter always helps freeing it up but looks like a heavy boat. So HP, then loader, shoe & rideplate to free it up. Nice looking boat by the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank yall, and I guess now I am goin to have to put in more lake time for research : ) It does seem to unload at times but I am normally so glad just to be in the water that I dont really mind it so I will just let it marinate. Again Thank yall for yalls help and compliments on my boat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts