Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know a guy here at my gym that compounded his boat down and he said he put teflon on his boat afterwards and says its the best? anyone else use this or know what it does, is it like a wax???

·
detachable member
819 Posts
Had a detailer use teflon on my Sub and is still holding up after 5 months
would like to use it on boat.......but wondering just like You
I'm sure everyone will say Hot Sauce is best (don't like it myself) meguires and 3m IMO. :)hand

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
I use Collinite 845 on my boat and all my vehicles. It seems to last all season on my boat.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
My Boat Bling opinion

Had a detailer use teflon on my Sub and is still holding up after 5 months
would like to use it on boat.......but wondering just like You
I'm sure everyone will say Hot Sauce is best (don't like it myself) meguires and 3m IMO. :)hand

I do like the hot sauce for cleaning the wet spots off after I pull it out....I just dont like the price tag. But I guess its worth it.

But as far as their wax, I dont like it on the boat. Works awesome on my truck though! I use it all the time. The condition sauce works ok but it smells bad. They should add a better scent. Simple green works way better on the seats compared to vinyl sauce.

Now back to wax...

x3...
Driven products are awesome!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have tried several and I like the new Meguires boat wax, it comes in a black bottle and shows a picture of a black boat. I think it is the best I have used.

·
HOT SAUCE HERE
749 Posts
A good Teflon wax is a very good option in my opinion. If I am not mistaken, a lot of custom builders use this after they sand and buff the hulls when they are popped out.

Hot Sauce is just a hard water spot remover with wax -- which is not intended to replace the base coat of wax annually or semi annually.

The Boat Bling wax (aka PRO Sauce) is Silicon and Polymer based. There are many good choices out there. I would just stay away from cheap carnuba products and make sure you use a pure wax -- not a mist or spray wax. These are not going to hold up to the elements long term. Those are great short term solutions.

Good luck.

Roln 20s

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
A good Teflon wax is a very good option in my opinion. If I am not mistaken, a lot of custom builders use this after they sand and buff the hulls when they are popped out.

Hot Sauce is just a hard water spot remover with wax -- which is not intended to replace the base coat of wax annually or semi annually.

The Boat Bling wax (aka PRO Sauce) is Silicon and Polymer based. There are many good choices out there. I would just stay away from cheap carnuba products and make sure you use a pure wax -- not a mist or spray wax. These are not going to hold up to the elements long term. Those are great short term solutions.

Good luck.

Roln 20s
Never used the Hot Sauce as a wax, but damn if it not only makes the wipe down fast and easy, the base wax seems to last longer too. I use Meguires.

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
I do like the hot sauce for cleaning the wet spots off after I pull it out....I just dont like the price tag. But I guess its worth it.

But as far as their wax, I dont like it on the boat. Works awesome on my truck though! I use it all the time. The condition sauce works ok but it smells bad. They should add a better scent. Simple green works way better on the seats compared to vinyl sauce.

Now back to wax...

x3...
Driven products are awesome!
I guess I'm just the opposite on the vinyl sauce. It got out things simple green wouldn't and looks much more white/new than just cleaning with the simple green.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts