Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend who has a boat said I could have it, just haul it off his property. Said it was a late 60's early 70's? Boat is junk but has a 500ci Cadillac in it, trailer could be saved. Is it worth the effort to just to grab the engine and drive out of it? I can take detailed pics if needed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19,874 Posts
take it..500 cadi you could drop back in a old flatty.

tandom trailer $4/500
single axle $250

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to post pics of it, won't upload. think the pics are to big, not sure. I'll try resizing them and repost. I looked again a little more closely today and the hull just needs to be chainsawed, no saving it. Once I get them to up load let me know what you think bout the engine and trailer.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Cadillacs conversions by Cal Canal in Detroit were popular in F Service runabouts and Chris Craft Cobras. They had rocker arm and valve problems however in time was taken care of. Still a bunch running around the country.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Boat?

Is there a boat in there somewhere? If it's around the corner, maybe.... 5 miles or more would be a NO.........Unless you have a fireplace and need the wood......Ray

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thats not a 500 cadillac motor, looks to be late 50's nothing special. Pull the motor for somebody that needs a boat anchor or for a collector.
Just to add that Cal Connell became crusader marine from Detroit Racing in the 50's. That doesnt look to be Cal Connell/Crusader parts.

·
Registered
19,874 Posts
dear lord NO...your just doing him a favor by hauling it away...
dont waste your time and gas.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys! I was not sure, I was going by the info he verbally told me. Did not check any casting numbers. It was just a thought as it was free.

Thanks again!:)devil

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Have a friend who has a boat said I could have it, just haul it off his property. Said it was a late 60's early 70's? Boat is junk but has a 500ci Cadillac in it, trailer could be saved. Is it worth the effort to just to grab the engine and drive out of it? I can take detailed pics if needed.

Thanks in advance.
After looking at the pics are you sure he's a friend....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts