Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Hotboat Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen more dead fish floating on the the river than I've ever had ( at the river least 20 on 6/6) is it because the film crew is putting die in the the river and is it harming the fish...or is it all the DBC's from the regatta?:(:(

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I heard today on the radio, that its how they are treating the mussels in the water is what is killing the carp.....

But who really knows the truth ??????

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
It's the DCBs. I saw a DCB today, and a dead carp, therefore the DCB caused it. Same basic scientific logic as global warming.....

·
6,873 Posts
I Don't think you have enough post to make a statement about DCB, YET:D

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
...or is it all the DBC's from the regatta?:(:(
Mercury changed their two stroke oil formula and all the whacker boats are killing the fish. I personally left a breadcrumb trail of dead fish yesterday from the Island to Springs, no need to turn on the tracking feature on my GPS, just follow the carp

·
New here
4,219 Posts
The Guagga Muscles are taking over!!!! Run for your lives!!!

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
No worries, the piranha will get those mussels.....

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
Is it supposed to blood from the movie filming?
Yep, they are pumping it into the lake in different spots with lines running off a holding tank on shore.

WTMFA has all sorts of pics of the shoot that he is going to put together in a thread someday, but he has pics of the barrels of the red stuff and they are labeled "Shark Blood Tint" or something like that. Pretty funny.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
Yeah, it is movie blood. There are chains for anchorages, pipes for air, pipes for movie blood, and electrical cables for the stage all under Thompson Bay.

Every take during the massacre air and then blood comes up from under the surface with a specific horror-makeup extra on each one. The downside for the kids that were killed - they don't come back. Some quit their jobs to do this.

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
The red washes out of t-shirts, but my body is all red from swimming in it back to my boat after wrap.

And before you point out that there are these newfangled thingies that spray water on you in houses now - I stayed under the shower til I ran out of hot water, and I'm still red.

R

·
0 Posts
We dumped 6 cans of Coors light in the water and 6 dead carp popped up right afterwords, proof positive that coors light kills :D

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
We dumped 6 cans of Coors light in the water and 6 dead carp popped up right afterwords, proof positive that coors light kills :D
I know you didn't dump it in Steamboat. We tied up there and you didn't show :|err.

Saw your boat at the docks during the driver's meeting, but never saw you on the water.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts