Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put a 4 Degree wedge on the WJ and to tell you the truth i dont see a difference at all. Maybe im missing it completely. If you look at the Diverter arms they look the same.

Here is before.

Here is the after

maybe Im looking at the wrong thing?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
i see 4*'s of difference:D;) seriously, you'll be able to tell once your on the water, the rooster will definately be higher than before and your bow is gonna feel awful light now:p

·
Registered
546 Posts
adding the wedge will not change the distance between the control arms, it will change the over all amount of up travel that you have. 4* is not a drastic change but you should be able to tell some difference. think of a 4 foot ladder it is still the same length after you set it on 2 blocks but it is now higher over all:)

·
NW Spectraholic
588 Posts
Watch that bottom steering pin, mine tried to fall out with only a 2* wedge in there. I couldn't keep a clip on it for anything and the funnel on the end of the bowl was the only thing keeping it from falling out through the inside. :p

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Look at your steering arm in the first pic, then the second. Dont look at the reverse bracket.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You will notice a difference in the rooster tail, with just a 4* wedge. If your going to keep it on, I suggest you get the steering extension tube. You are putting a lot of force on the steering. I didn't have one and lost steering on the river. :(:(

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the Heads up guys.

Now I see it. I was focused on the Bucket. For some reason I though it would be noticeable different. but now that i think about it its only 4* :)sphss

As far as what I need or wanted it for; Ill come clean I got it for the Roost. My roost looks like Toddnjuzz's roost. but we will see what it does overall.

Ya know as I was hooking the steering up I though to my self this is a lot of tension. I was thinking you really don't see guys using the Steering extension with only a wedge, It usually a droop.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Btnhtillidie, as for the steering cable tension, just buy a steering cable swivel, you don't have any need for a steering cable extension. Tom at JBP has them for cheap and it's a nice part that's easy to install.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts