Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current exhaust is Imco powerflow +. A while back guy's were chopping a set of CMI's and re welding a flange for the turbo's.

On a 540 ci. what turbo's and could this work on a blow through single 2000 cfm throttle body?

Here's my existing set up. Dart M 540, edelbrock victor race heads, lunati I beam rods, Callies dragon crank and holley marine efi with a 2000 cfm throttle body. Full roller valve train with comp cams stud girdle.

If I were to make this upgrade I have a set of 8.5.1 pistons on the self and would probably keep the holly intake but swap out the efi ecu. Last I checked the accel was pretty decent. Valve train is all subject to a turbo cam.

Seems I could make 900hp and be relatively conservative.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I would keep the Imco Powerflows and build a transition to mount turbo and wastegate. I would use an intercooler. 1000+ reliable horsepower would be easy. No "kit" exists except what Brummett offers but he is real proud of his stuff, as he should be I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
I would keep the Imco Powerflows and build a transition to mount turbo and wastegate. I would use an intercooler. 1000+ reliable horsepower would be easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts