Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend just dropped off a Berk JG for me and upon tear down I found this in the nozzle. Any idea?

Thanks............john

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I would venture a guess that it is a variation of an insert. Little different than mine

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Nozzle

A good friend just dropped off a Berk JG for me and upon tear down I found this in the nozzle. Any idea?

Thanks............john

That is a bolt on nozzle reducer. Alot of times the had an angle macchined in them so you could adjust up attitude in the nozzle housing. I don't remember the color coding so you will have to measure the inside diameter to see what size it is.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is a bolt on nozzle reducer. Alot of times the had an angle macchined in them so you could adjust up attitude in the nozzle housing. I don't remember the color coding so you will have to measure the inside diameter to see what size it is.
Yep, that makes sense and you're right. You can even see there is a bit of an eccentric (sp?) machined into it by the thickness of the flange so you could rotate it.
Not sure I would bother with it but since I've never seen one, I thought I would ask here what it was. Thanks a bunch..........john

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nozzle was made by Speed Trim in the mid 70's thru early 80's. Before Place Diverter current version of an insert. Alot of them were sold in the day.

Id's varied between 3.187 to 3.000, some were angle cut to 5* to adjust trim up and down by manually rotating the nozzle. Some were machined to customer's specs.

Mounting was simple by drilling two .250 dia holes in the steering nozzle, clamping the nozzle in place. Anybody that knows how to use a hand drill could install this.

Speed Trim is out of bussiness.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nozzle was made by Speed Trim in the mid 70's thru early 80's. Before Place Diverter current version of an insert. Alot of them were sold in the day.

Id's varied between 3.187 to 3.000, some were angle cut to 5* to adjust trim up and down by manually rotating the nozzle. Some were machined to customer's specs.

Mounting was simple by drilling two .250 dia holes in the steering nozzle, clamping the nozzle in place. Anybody that knows how to use a hand drill could install this.

Speed Trim is out of bussiness.
Good info !

I have dozens of these device along with the attaching tabs an various sizes and angles , The first part I ever bought for my first jet was one of these with 2* up somewhere I have the mimeographed instructions which came stapled to the baggy :wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts