Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back in January I had a tooth abscess. I went to the Dentist and got it X Rayed. He gave me a prescription, told me to go see an oral surgeon and sent me on my way. I told him I had insurance and I was told they don't accept my insurance so they made me pay $20.

Today I was talking to my Dental insurance provider to find out coverages and they informed that $62 was billed to them back in January and that's cutting into my annual cap. It turns out the dentist I went to back in January DOES accept my Dental insurance and billed them $62 for the visit they charged me $20 for. I contacted the office and they said "Oh yeah Mr H___ we did manage to bill your insurance and you now have a $20 credit available to you for your next service. I had a bad experience trying to go back to their office and will not use them so they are offering to give me a check for $20.

WTF?

1) Why are they billing me one price and my insurance another?
2) Shouldn't they notify someone of a credit?
3) I wonder how many people they screw over like this without ever even knowing.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Cash price is always alot less than what they bill out to Insurance......

Its a freaking scam and the reason we pay so much for coverage:(:(:|err

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
There is another thread on this subject a page or two back.
You paid $20 cash. They got paid in full from insurance. they owe you $20 cash, not a credit.

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
WTF?

This is a big part of our problem in our country......that was pure fraud!!! Insurance companies should take action with that type of billing practices.Your story is 1 of probably millions in the last few years.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Lots of scams by dentists and medical offices. Always compare your statement from you rinsurance against the bill from the Dr.. I have found hunders of $$$ in 'mistakes', never in my favor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts