Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
boatless
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See what you make of this???

National Day of Prayer for WHAT??????
In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a National Day of Prayer.
In 1988, President Reagan designated the first Thursday in May of each year as the National Day of Prayer.
This year however, President Obama, decided to cancel the ceremony at the White House not wanting to offend anyone.
Presidential candidate Barack Obama declared the USA was no longer a Christian nation. Now see if you can wrap your brain around this: On September 25, 2009 from 4am until 7pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion will be held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House. They are expecting over 50,000 muslims that day in DC.
The website (yes, there is a very informative website) is: www.islamoncapitolhill.com Pay particular attention to the very bottom of the page: "OUR TIME HAS COME". Could it be that the REAL agenda of the President is becoming more plain? The evidence is there.
The scripture verse in 2 Chronicles 7:14 says "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." ..... this becomes more important each day.

·
Passin Glass
2,825 Posts
This would be the day when Americans should excersize their right to free speech and blast some Ted Nugent from any means available! Cars, boom boxes, hotel windows and on PA systems. This gathering needs to be disrupted ant any cost!

They are trying to have the Canadian national sang in Hindu at the Olympics when they come to Vancouver ..you can bet your ass there will be fighting in the streets! This is so out of control it's beyond comprehension!

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
It must be true.....otherwise Ultra26 would have posted a snopes link by now.:p

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I was in DC most of the day working and didn't notice any large gatherings. Usually they (Metro Polce) would have streets blocked to accomodate the event.

If you know of an event in DC that you want disrupted with some Nuggent, just let me know. :D

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
See what you make of this???

National Day of Prayer for WHAT??????
In 1952 President Truman established one day a year as a National Day of Prayer.
In 1988, President Reagan designated the first Thursday in May of each year as the National Day of Prayer.
This year however, President Obama, decided to cancel the ceremony at the White House not wanting to offend anyone.
Presidential candidate Barack Obama declared the USA was no longer a Christian nation. Now see if you can wrap your brain around this: On September 25, 2009 from 4am until 7pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion will be held on Capitol Hill, beside the White House. They are expecting over 50,000 muslims that day in DC.
The website (yes, there is a very informative website) is: www.islamoncapitolhill.com Pay particular attention to the very bottom of the page: "OUR TIME HAS COME". Could it be that the REAL agenda of the President is becoming more plain? The evidence is there.
The scripture verse in 2 Chronicles 7:14 says "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."..... this becomes more important each day.
Are those 50,000 Muslims gonna stay in Qadafi's tent? :D

·
Registered
944 Posts
This is such BS!! Next thing you know we will be letting Mormon's and other non-Christians pray openly and in public. What next? Allowing Hindus and Buddhists to become citizens?

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
This is such BS!! Next thing you know we will be letting Mormon's and other non-Christians pray openly and in public. What next? Allowing Hindus and Buddhists to become citizens?
I don't think the point is letting muslims pray in public.....it's sensoring Christians with the excuse that we are not a "one" religion nation and then allowing a religion to do it. It's pretty self explanatory in a couple of sentences how one contradicts the other.

Presidential candidate Barack Obama declared the USA was no longer a Christian nation. Now see if you can wrap your brain around this: On September 25, 2009 from 4am until 7pm, a National Day of Prayer for the Muslim religion

·
Banned
1,019 Posts
The only person who can call a government-sanctioned NDOP is the President. The Muslims can call any day they want and it won't carry the weight of the government behind it.

Nothing to see here let's move on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
congress still opens with a word of prayer!!!!! Hosted by a chaplain :|err:|err:|err how is this not a christian country?

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
So that the folks like ultra dn litterboxboy can't bitch about teh story sourcing:

From The Washington Slimes:
Obama to be prayer day no-show

President to sign proclamation, observe privately

President Obama is distancing himself from the National Day of Prayer by nixing a formal early morning service and not attending a large Catholic prayer breakfast the next morning.

All Mr. Obama will do for the National Day of Prayer, which is Thursday, is sign a proclamation honoring the day, which originated in 1952 when Congress set aside the first Thursday in May for the observance.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.