Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local jet boat shop yesterday and bought six stainless bolts for my pump and a spraycan of speedcoat/lubribond. I paid with my visa and didnt pay attention to what the total was cuz I figured it would be about 30-40 bucks tops. Looked at my bill today and the total was $116.79!!!!!! I also found out that he charged my friend $750 for an aluminum impeller that didn't even fit his pump. I talked to him and he said that is the going rate and there are no returns. Is this guy on crack or should I get into a different hobby?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I went to the local jet boat shop yesterday and bought six stainless bolts for my pump and a spraycan of speedcoat/lubribond. I paid with my visa and didnt pay attention to what the total was cuz I figured it would be about 30-40 bucks tops. Looked at my bill today and the total was $116.79!!!!!! I also found out that he charged my friend $750 for an aluminum impeller that didn't even fit his pump. I talked to him and he said that is the going rate and there are no returns. Is this guy on crack or should I get into a different hobby?

A can of speedcoat is about $20.00. if that helps

·
Registered
546 Posts
speed coat from rex list at 22.99 figure 4.00 max each on the bolts, don't believe i would do a lot of business there, always check your receipt before signing.

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
Adding things up, sounds like VISA used the old U.S. Dollar/Canadian Dollar Conversion Rate ... Before the C.D. gained parity with the U.S. Dollar. I'd question VISA.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
$750 for the aluminum impeller seems a little high. Going rate for those is usually in the $300 range, for a new Berkeley A cut.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Save some of that speed coat for the next time you go see him, mite ease the anal pain a bit. You got screwed my friend. Pitch a bitch to the CC company, see if that helps. If not, tell the guy you demand your cash back and if he refuses tell him his name will be posted on every internet boating site in the world as a thief. I have a few crazy Canuck friends also that could pay him and his shop visit.

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the bill it says $63.88 for the speedcoat and $40.40 for the bolts. What a scam. My fault though, I should have looked at the bill before I paid. I should have known this guy was full of shit when he told me mag-bronze impellers havent been made in 15 years. I think he's gone senile. Guys like 70. Its shitty cuz it would be nice to be able to get stuff locally. Maybe I should become a local dealer and tell everyone I will beat his price by half!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
On the bill it says $63.88 for the speedcoat and $40.40 for the bolts. What a scam. My fault though, I should have looked at the bill before I paid. I should have known this guy was full of shit when he told me mag-bronze impellers havent been made in 15 years. I think he's gone senile. Guys like 70. Its shitty cuz it would be nice to be able to get stuff locally. Maybe I should become a local dealer and tell everyone I will beat his price by half!!!!
need a buisness partner, is there enough buisness in th area

·
One part at a time...
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Judging by his prices I would say no. If he has to charge that much then he must not sell much. Or he's just a thief.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts