Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Well when you push back on the rocker,on the pushrod side..I can see it move down..toward the lifter...I do know this is where my poping is comming from...#5 ext. valve:shock:
I would assume with that, you probably have a mismatch in your'e lifter arrangement. Pull it and disassemble on #5. is it the only cylinder or pair of lifters that show a relax in the lifter? Also if it is a solid roller there should not be any forgiving of the rocker thru push rod and lifter. Thats why they call them solids. M

·
Banned
1,263 Posts
Are you under the belief they are solid rollers or do you know 100 million % they are solid rollers ?

Reason for asking, I don't know your engine story, but have run into way too many people that have bought a used motor, used boat, or etc and don't end up having what they where told they have. Have also run into severla that had someplace build them a motor and didn't give them what they said they built. Just trying to get this out of the way.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well when you push back on the rocker,on the pushrod side..I can see it move down..toward the lifter...I do know this is where my poping is comming from...#5 ext. valve:shock:
Sound to me like you may have a pushrod rubbing on the head or rocker stand.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you under the belief they are solid rollers or do you know 100 million % they are solid rollers ?

Reason for asking, I don't know your engine story, but have run into way too many people that have bought a used motor, used boat, or etc and don't end up having what they where told they have. Have also run into severla that had someplace build them a motor and didn't give them what they said they built. Just trying to get this out of the way.
Nope bought the cam and lifters from Rex Hutchinson

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Joey..Randy here, we ran this on your dyno...I had JR come by and checked the springs today all good...I can take a pushrod stand it on the bench put the lifter on top and you can feel it give..wierd huh...any way JR had a new pair he gave me..... By the way did you slip a hydrolic lifter in this?..:hmmm:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Hey Joey..Randy here, we ran this on your dyno...I had JR come by and checked the springs today all good...I can take a pushrod stand it on the bench put the lifter on top and you can feel it give..wierd huh...any way JR had a new pair he gave me..... By the way did you slip a hydrolic lifter in this?..:hmmm:
Is there a snap ring/retainer inside the lifter ??

·
Registered
877 Posts
Define "spongy" M
Isky made a solid roller lifter that had a spring above the link bar. The idea was that without the pushrod in place the lifter would raise up off the cam in order to change cams without pulling intake or when rockers or pushrods broke the lifter would raise up off the cam. Only used a set of them once. Link bar was inserted through a hole in the lifter, only time I ever broke a pushrod the link bar came out of the lifter and the other lifter turned sideways and ruined the cam. In my opinion this is what you have and I would ditch them.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
NO..this is tough to explain, does anyone live around the Rocklin area care to take a peek ?
Take some pic's. Is the movement inside the lifter or between the roller and the axle

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, tonight I'm cleaning up my messes, the problem was #5 pushrod ext. rubbing.............thanks everyone..:))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Ok, tonight I'm cleaning up my messes, the problem was #5 pushrod ext. rubbing.............thanks everyone..:))THumbsUp
Doesn't explain your observation "on the bench" though. Makes it hard to diagnose the problem. :duh: Bad info in, bad info out

That Joey, he is a pretty smart fella regardless of what Kato says about him. I don't think he bought into that squeeshy lifter for a second:thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks GN I guess if I was born jewish I'd be perfect............I'm seeing Joey tomorrow.........I love your grumpiness :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts