Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those having problems logging on, posting and sending messages: We are aware of the difficulties you've been having and we're working toward a solution. Please be patient while we try to resolve a few pesky technical issues that have been gumming up the works. We promise, we know about the connectivity issues you've been facing, we apologize for your frustration, and we'll get the problem corrected as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

Remember: Only 168 shopping days till Christmas!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Brett, I can only reply via the quick reply link. I can't post replies, replies with quote or even send a pm???
H E L P
I can't even get the pm screen up... something about parent message can't reset before infant message done... or something like that...

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
OK, from the top.

1. Yes the VB 4 way of replying to threads sucks. For the moment I am just going to disable quick reply. I will bring it back when I can keep it from being such a pain in the a**

2. You shot it is now called PB Photos. It is the same software we just moved it around. It was called "Media," until just a moment ago, but I changed the name as we are going to have a different video section and software.

3. We have a help and support section. If anyone is having issues I suggest posting them there. It can be found under "Support" in the menu bar. This really helps me address and follow the status of individual problems.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
You'll have to be a bit more specific about what thread you were searching for. The one on the home page of the forums is not necessarily a surpize, to reduce server load we do not update our search index instantly. Pm me and let me know what you were searching for and I will see if i can debug the problem.

·
Blown, OHBA Member
2,811 Posts
:)bulb Say there boss. While your fixin shit I'll trade you the ol lady, 3 mules, and a toe sack full of good bakin tattors, if you put the ol big grin smiley back on the list :D this one SUCKS. Thats the only thing I have to bitch about so far.:)hand

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
:)bulb Say there boss. While your fixin shit I'll trade you the ol lady, 3 mules, and a toe sack full of good bakin tattors, if you put the ol big grin smiley back on the list :D this one SUCKS. Thats the only thing I have to bitch about so far.:)hand
I believe that is on the agenda, along with some addl smilies. ;) << :)eh:)

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
You'll have to be a bit more specific about what thread you were searching for. The one on the home page of the forums is not necessarily a surpize, to reduce server load we do not update our search index instantly. Pm me and let me know what you were searching for and I will see if i can debug the problem.
I tried to search for E85. Comes up with nothing

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
The search system ignores words under 4 letters long. This is an effort to keep the search index from being too big. Obviously this is causing issues, and I can't keep adding exceptions for each one, so I will reduce the limit to 3 char and over. This will require a rebuild of the search index, so don't expect any results until later tonight.

·
Administrator
11,646 Posts
I think we had to reduce it to 3 on the old system also, same issue. Lots of stuff is a 3 letter search.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
There was an issue with the backup that destroyed the attachment folder. We had to revert to a week old backup. About seven days of attachments were lost. There is a post in open water explaining in detail what happened.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Ie9 beta

This is probably an issue with IE 9 Beta but Avatars are not displaying correctly. Not many folks experimenting with IE9 yet but there is a problem. Avatars display correctly until you scroll and then they disapear along with all the Avatar/User data. Just thought you should know.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
I will address that when IE9 comes out of beta. There is no point in chasing around an issue in beta. I'm sure the issue will be commented on in the VBulletin forums, hopefully with a quick fix to follow. Thanks for the heads up though.

·
PB Administrator
1,205 Posts
i lost all my build pics in my album or do i need to try something else ? thanks
Shoot me a PM and give me the details. Is this a PB Gallery issue (old you shot it section) or the user galleries that are part of the forums? Also tell me when you uploaded them around.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts