Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
mach26 300's
1,216 Posts
that is a really clean boat, i don't think its the age hurting the sell its just the good old economy. Even if that boat was 2 years newer i don't think it would matter too much on it selling quickly at the price he wants. Its crazy to think what that boat cost new with similar power. That boat for 20k would be a steal imho.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owner sent me this >"5400 rpm 26 pitch prop @80 mph, 234 hours on boat and motor never rebuilt."

Does the RPM seem a little high for that mph???
As my inefficient 21 Daytona 'jet' gets 86 mph @ 5400 rpm.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
And kind of the wrong time of year to be selling a boat.....I bet springtime might be worth another 20-25% on the sale price....

And something odd about e-bay.....i listed a bike with a start bid of $1500...got one bid...listed same bike on c/l for $3k bo.....had a dozen phone calls....first in line offered me 28 and the second bought it for 3...never even tried to bargain.....and the guy drove 300 miles to get it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hell I let my 97 Stoker with Whippled HP500 and Max drive go for 20K. And that was even tough to get. 80? Mine was good for 110mph.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hell I let my 97 Stoker with Whippled HP500 and Max drive go for 20K. And that was even tough to get. 80? Mine was good for 110mph.
My bad > the boat does 80+ but, I asked him at what RPM it did 80.
However, I would have thought that hull with a 'prop' would hit 80 mph at a much lower RPM...no???

·
Diesel Pimp
1,256 Posts
My bad > the boat does 80+ but, I asked him at what RPM it did 80.
However, I would have thought that hull with a 'prop' would hit 80 mph at a much lower RPM...no???
Using a prop slip calculator that is right for a 1.5 ratio outdrive(Which is most common for a bravo) at 5400 rpm with a 26" prop at 10 percent slip(Average slip.)

For comparison I have ran a 26 pitch on my 21 Daytona with a 1.34 geared outdrive and it will run 107 with a 6600 limiter chip in it. With a 30 pitch it hits 124 at 6600. But the lower pitch makes it a lot quicker.

It runs 80 at around 4300 rpm with the 30" prop. One of the advantages to the outdrive is the ability to change the prop so easily.

That Mach has a lot of potential, but would need a beefier outdrive before you put a lot of power to it.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Using a prop slip calculator that is right for a 1.5 ratio outdrive(Which is most common for a bravo) at 5400 rpm with a 26" prop at 10 percent slip(Average slip.)

For comparison I have ran a 26 pitch on my 21 Daytona with a 1.34 geared outdrive and it will run 107 with a 6600 limiter chip in it. With a 30 pitch it hits 124 at 6600. But the lower pitch makes it a lot quicker.

It runs 80 at around 4300 rpm with the 30" prop. One of the advantages to the outdrive is the ability to change the prop so easily.

That Mach has a lot of potential, but would need a beefier outdrive before you put a lot of power to it.
Thanks for the reply...interesting stuff for sure.
Personally I wouldn't care how "quick" the boat is > > >running 80 @ 4300 would be what I'm all about :))THumbsUp

The auction ended without one bid > I spoke to the owner again to ask about freeboard. He said is has some 8" less then a same sized Daytona >if that were NOT the case I would have been aggressive at offering him some $$$.
Last thing I need or want is another low freeboard boat :))ThumbsDwn

·
Registered
21 Posts
I spoke to the owner again to ask about freeboard. He said is has some 8" less then a same sized Daytona >if that were NOT the case I would have been aggressive at offering him some $$$.
Last thing I need or want is another low freeboard boat :))ThumbsDwn
I always thought these mach 22's were great performing and great handling boats? So with low free board does the mach 22 handle like shit?

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought these mach 22's were great performing and great handling boats? So with low free board does the mach 22 handle like shit?
Hope you don't feel I'm implying they do...I just don't want or need yet another low freeboard boat as > I'm tired of not being able to go places I want to go in my current low freeboard 21' Daytona.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hope you don't feel I'm implying they do...I just don't want or need yet another low freeboard boat as > I'm tired of not being able to go places I want to go in my current low freeboard 21' Daytona.
Thats pretty much why I sold my 21 edt. Too much of a battle trying to keep tank mounts from breaking or just plain sinking it on a 100 mph boat on the rough lakes here in Colorado. Damned nice boat for sale. Don't care for the you cant lay on it engine hatch though.

·
Registered
388 Posts

You should try to find a deal on a 25 daytona. Perfect lake boat IMO. Small enough to have fun behind the wheel but big enough to eat up the lake washing machine.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should try to find a deal on a 25 daytona. Perfect lake boat IMO. Small enough to have fun behind the wheel but big enough to eat up the lake washing machine.
I hear ya, problem is...out here on the East Coast SE-PA NJ/DE area they are a rare animal. And if you find one, it's a high dollar used boat.
I found my 21' Daytona by luck, and got an incredible deal as the owner didn't know what he had. > Money wise I beat him up bad, but he was a very wealthy man that acquired my 21 as money owed to him from someone else.
100' of ski rope around the impeller shaft and he probably thought something serious was wrong with it :D
A 25-28 Daytona would be ideal, maybe more so the 28 footer > as with my river, at times I have to deal with huge Super Tankers, massive tall Tug Boats and the occasional 55' Sea Ray plowing up the river. At times it's all I can do is to run and find a place to hide from a 12' wake/wall of water! Our Tug Boats are nasty HUGE and plow like a mofo! :))eek:))

21 Daytona is a nice hull > but in general with it's low freeboard is very limited for what I now feel, I would like to do.

·
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
783 Posts
I have a nice 22ft daytona with freeboard that I might let go for the right price, it is in my avitar:)sphss

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
that 22 daytona in your avitar DOES NOT HAVE ANY MORE FREEBOARD than the boat Hammer has now. the way I look at it, the 25 footers do!
my 25' cat, when sitting in the drivers seat, you can reach over the side, and stretch all you want, you ain't touchin' no water!;)

·
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
783 Posts
The 22 that I have has alot more free board that 21ft, mine is only a couple of in. shorter than my friends 25ft daytona

1 - 19 of 19 Posts