Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Gubment Labor Dept says there is a steep increase in workforce employment , BUT un-employment percentages is up ???
Oilfields are laying off thousands by the day and my relatives have a large auto sales business , that also cut its force by about a 1/4 . Even the Military's are going thru severe cuts and Furloughs...
so who pulls the magical figures out of the air ? And tells us everything is just Peachy ?

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
More people decided to start looking for work again is the reason for the uptick. If they counted all those who are out of the workforce but are of age and able to work, the true unemployment numbers would be closer to 15%. Then if you add those underemployed, you're closer to 25%.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
More people decided to start looking for work again is the reason for the uptick. If they counted all those who are out of the workforce but are of age and able to work, the true unemployment numbers would be closer to 15%. Then if you add those underemployed, you're closer to 25%.
And way more than that in liberal hot beds like Detroit, Chi town, Camden, Atlanta, Jackson, etc.

I thought I heard the other day that they were down, but like wolfie said, they are useless, cooked numbers that press reports.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts