Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Ebay jet

Pretty nice boat if its appeals , the jet (cant read the decal) looks to me to be identical if not the same as the Volvo jet which I belive was made by Legend some subltle differences but very similar to a Berkeley "E"Tom

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Hahahahahahahaha Psssshhhhhhhh Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .........

Hahhahahahahahhahaha Pssshhhhhhhhhh More Like Gay Looking!!!

·
Seriously off center
2,439 Posts
Not my kind of boat, but other than the uber cool console and UV burned (hopefully not moldy) vinyl, not a bad putt putt. There's weekends on the river I wish I had a weinie boat like that......:))eek:))

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Pretty nice boat if its appeals , the jet (cant read the decal) looks to me to be identical if not the same as the Volvo jet which I belive was made by Legend some subltle differences but very similar to a Berkeley "E"Tom

The pumps are Volvo label, the pump is Legend, intake/suction is Volvo. A friend of mine had one. The boats are sort of neat, but very cramped qtrs.
He did lots of mods to make the boat run better, but suffered some ill handling characteristics. He ran a 305 SBC in it, that worked quite well, got him in the mid 60's, then tried a 502 BBC, the BBC was too much weight, for the boat and suffered a bad hop, and porpoise. His last motor was a ZZ-34 crate motor, the boat ran really good knocking on 70mph. He changed out the bowl, to a std bowl to run Berkeley hdw. That goofy intake is the down fall of the boat.

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
The pumps are Volvo label, the pump is Legend, intake/suction is Volvo. A friend of mine had one. The boats are sort of neat, but very cramped qtrs.
He did lots of mods to make the boat run better, but suffered some ill handling characteristics. He ran a 305 SBC in it, that worked quite well, got him in the mid 60's, then tried a 502 BBC, the BBC was too much weight, for the boat and suffered a bad hop, and porpoise. His last motor was a ZZ-34 crate motor, the boat ran really good knocking on 70mph. He changed out the bowl, to a std bowl to run Berkeley hdw. That goofy intake is the down fall of the boat.
Sleekcrafter, I've sold parts (impellers ,kits, and trim etc)to a couple similar application/rigs like this where they've gone 4.3 to SBC and your right they have enjoyed decent gains on thier performance ! Tom
re, BBC though ! scarey IMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts