Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year sure has tugged at my heart. I lost a good friend at the end of last year and in the past 2 weeks, lost one of my best friends and my wife lost one of her very good freinds to cancer.

Tonight we get a call from another close friend who just had her first baby in July. About a week ago, the baby started losing power in her arms and legs. The tests came back and she has SMA. It is a genetic disorder and is terminal. The baby has 3-6 months to live. :( This new family now will have to say goodbye to their little girl very soon. :( I don't even know how to help except to cry with them.

Sorry to sound like I am so negative, but sometimes things just dont make sense whatsoever. Why does this shit have to happen to such good people?

Squash your issues with loved ones and friends. Tell them you love them, nothing is worth missing that final goodbye. I would have never thought that this year would bring the loses it has. My life has changed because of all this and it makes me want to be a better person. Life is way too short to worry about some of the things we do.

Good night everyone. If you have kids, go give them a kiss before you go to bed. If you pray, add our friends Annie and Ryan into those prayers please. They have a tough road ahead and need all the help they can get.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
This year sure has tugged at my heart. I lost a good friend at the end of last year and in the past 2 weeks, lost one of my best friends and my wife lost one of her very good freinds to cancer.

Tonight we get a call from another close friend who just had her first baby in July. About a week ago, the baby started losing power in her arms and legs. The tests came back and she has SMA. It is a genetic disorder and is terminal. The baby has 3-6 months to live. :( This new family now will have to say goodbye to their little girl very soon. :( I don't even know how to help except to cry with them.

Sorry to sound like I am so negative, but sometimes things just dont make sense whatsoever. Why does this shit have to happen to such good people?

Squash your issues with loved ones and friends. Tell them you love them, nothing is worth missing that final goodbye. I would have never thought that this year would bring the loses it has. My life has changed because of all this and it makes me want to be a better person. Life is way too short to worry about some of the things we do.

Good night everyone. If you have kids, go give them a kiss before you go to bed. If you pray, add our friends Annie and Ryan into those prayers please. They have a tough road ahead and need all the help they can get.
sorry to hear about what is happening right now.

my wife and i have a baby coming within the next couple of months, and as much as i hate to think about it, the thought has crossed my mind. what would happen if the worst thing that can happen ... happened.

it really bums me out, but i must realize that almost anything is possible. you just never know when the inevitable is going to occur.

you, your wife, and your friends are in my thought and prayers ... if you need someone to talk to ... pm me.

hank and amy

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Very sorry to hear your going through a hard time...

Magic 34 really sadden to see the hard time your going through, recently lost my brother, it's tough hang in there, try and focus on the good things in your life. It's hard with all the stuff your going through, but time heals a Little, you just got to get there....take care buddy... and i will take your advise to heart!! Thoughts and prayers for you, your family and them!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I agree 110%! Life is too short to hold grudges and have hatred in your heart.

I completely know how you feel my friend. We lost my grandma (my last grandparent) in February and my mom on May 10th (mothers day and my wife's birthday). It has definitely been a tough year for my family as well.

Hang in there! I keep telling myself to just take one day at a time and live it as much as possible like tomorrow might never come.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
You know we support you guys and sorry to hear that the tough stuff is still coming your way. One of my favorite sayings is, "Life is too short to sweat the small shit"... Hopefully things will get better from here as you guys deserve better and are just down right good people....;)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

God,
thank You for giving me another day.
Let me face my troubles today
- the big and the small -
with a happy heart
filled with Your unending love.
Let me appreciate the moments of joy
You send me this day.
Let me see the cares of others
as an opportunity to bring
Your great compassion to those who most need it.
And God, I know that You see and know all things
- all of the world’s loveliness, and all of its harshness, too.
So on this day that You have given me,
I ask that I may bring Your joy with me
as I share myself with others.
And I pray that You will be warmed
by the happiness of Your children.
Finally, God, let me never forget
that in all things, in gladness or sorrow,
You who are all love and joy and hope
are always by my side.
Amen.
— St. Christopher So very sorry. My son and I will include your friends and family in our prayers.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found this site for SMA and educated myself about it, wow, thats horrible, they have a donation link for research, I'm going to break out the check book after reading this....

here is the link, if interested

http://www.fsma.org/FSMACommunity/understandingsma/quickfacts/

Thanks everyone.

I found that site also yesterday. She has Type 1. A week ago everything was fine and then all of a sudden the symptoms started to happen. The baby is beautiful and looking at her you have no idea that something is wrong. Then you pick her up and everything just flops down, her legs, arms and neck. From what I understand, this is the #1 killer of genetic disorders.

Reading about Type 1 on that site, our friends are going to have to make a tough decision at the end. I feel so bad for them, they love this baby so much. It so hard watching people hurt so much.

If you are an expecting parent reading this, please don't be alarmed. Both parents must have the genetic deficiency and then it is still a 1 in 4 chance that your child could have this. Enjoy your pregnancy and baby. Your new baby is going to be just fine.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Hang in there Mike. You're blessed with a healthy and beautiful family. Sorry to hear about your friends. We need to do a family thing sometime soon.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Mike,
Stay strong for your friends and family!! Somehow good things will come out of all this!!:)hand

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Sorry Michael.....Some times life and the things that happen just don't make any sense at all. An innocent child that will be living such a short life :(

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Real sorry to hear stuff like this, you're in my thoughts.

About twelve years ago now, my wifes father lost two brothers, mother and father all in separate situations and only about 8 months apart and the very next year lost her moms mother and a really good freind from high school...We probably were thinking the same way you were as far as WTH? (honestly can hardly remeber now)

Life is a strange thing, while we are living it, we think it can be hard, then something comes along and makes us feel how delicate life really is. It sometimes puts things in a strange perspective. Definately makes you want to "live" more (not necesserily longer) and get closer to your loved ones.

Thoughts and prayers to the ones you've lost. Remember the good times and don't let the pain of losing them take that away.

GT

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry Michael.....Some times life and the things that happen just don't make any sense at all. An innocent child that will be living such a short life :(

It makes no sense. This is their first baby, they have been great parents, albiet short time, but very good. And the baby was so healthy 3 weeks ago. Now they have to start saying goodbye.... It isn't fair that people have to hurt so much.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Thanks everyone.

If you are an expecting parent reading this, please don't be alarmed. Both parents must have the genetic deficiency and then it is still a 1 in 4 chance that your child could have this. Enjoy your pregnancy and baby. Your new baby is going to be just fine.
Absolutely! So very sorry for so much tragedy, especially in such a short period of time. Not enough time to recover before braving the next onslaught.
In my thoughts!

·
I'm on a BOAT
710 Posts
I'm so sorry for your trouble.

It sounds trite now, but character is how you deal with the bad things in life, not how many bad things happen to you.

I know, because everyone that told me "when God closes a door he opens a window somewhere", I wanted to punch in the face. But I've gone through the window and things are looking up.
I also was SICK TO DEATH of God testing me, I mean enough already, look around pick someone else, just leave me alone. But my life is better now. PM me if you want details....

Our family had a very difficult summer, but we got through it and I think we are stronger and closer as a family for it.

I will pray for you and your friends.:))THumbsUp

G

·
It makes no sense. This is their first baby, they have been great parents, albiet short time, but very good. And the baby was so healthy 3 weeks ago. Now they have to start saying goodbye.... It isn't fair that people have to hurt so much.
Michael,

I can't even imagine the the hurt and confusion the parents are feeling. Very, very sad.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Mike... Your friends are so fortunate to have friends like you that love and care about them. This is so sad to read about but all that you can do now is to be strong for them and support them like you have been. No parent should have too go through this, ever. You all are in my prayers.

Steve

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Life is tough and cruel sometimes. Prayers to you and your friends with the sick child. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts