Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Giles and O'Keefe

Acorn has filed suit against Hannah Giles and James O'Keefe.
I did read that Michael Savage is putting up money for their defense fund.

Remember who Acorns past lawyer was, yes Obama.
Are these the two heroes in the ACORN Sting????

Let me knoiw where to donate money to their legal fund...They are GREAT AMERICANS...

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Imagine that, getting caught supporting human trafficking and tax fraud, and being exposed to emotional distress all at once. What a fricken joke! I'm actually glad they filed, keeps this crap up front and personal.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these the two heroes in the ACORN Sting????

Let me knoiw where to donate money to their legal fund...They are GREAT AMERICANS...
Yes they are. I have not come across a fund set up yet. They have Briebart and many others behind them. I've read that this is just a ploy and will go away within a few months. I hope that we get to discovery phase and it blows them open even more. The taping without consent is a technicality imo. It does not change the facts.
Hopefully this will make enough people angry, yet it seems the dems are always willing to turn a cheeck to the corruption so they can benefit later.

Reid refuses to let congress conduct an investigation into Acorn. Sounds to me like covering their own. Then you have Nadler, Frank, Conyers all demanding Giles and O'Keefe be investigated.....

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Was just watching some lawyers on FOX discussing this case. Even the Lib lawyer said this is going to end up being a nightmare for ACORN. In claiming that thier reputation has been tarnished by the two film makers it will give the defendants(the film makers) lawyers the right to request all of ACORNS books be cracked open(disclosure) for review. Which could lead to many more law suits against ACORN.:D:D

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Well the news is now reporting that the IRS has severed ties with ACORN and the treasury Dept. is launching a full investigation into them including all of thier voter registration actions in all states. Well the first part of the Lib Machine is toast.:D Wonder who the libs will get to help rig and win elections now?:)sphss

·
Registered
653 Posts
Well the news is now reporting that the IRS has severed ties with ACORN and the treasury Dept. is launching a full investigation into them including all of thier voter registration actions in all states. Well the first part of the Lib Machine is toast.:D Wonder who the libs will get to help rig and win elections now?:)sphss

Its a shell game ,Last i heard they had like 300+ other sub organizations ,Ran by the same people , You cant just go after acorn by itself . you have to go after the whole machine

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Its a shell game ,Last i heard they had like 300+ other sub organizations ,Ran by the same people , You cant just go after acorn by itself . you have to go after the whole machine
Yeah it's something like 270+ shell orgs. But I did see where those 270 shells were cut off of funding also. Michele Malkin,in an interview, said she called someone in the senate to see if it was just ACORN that was being defunded or all orgs conected to them. And the answer was any org. associated with ACORN was cut off. And I'm sure that any investigation into ACORN will also lead to thier shells since they will be tracking the path of the money.:D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yeah it's something like 270+ shell orgs. But I did see where those 270 shells were cut off of funding also. Michele Malkin,in an interview, said she called someone in the senate to see if it was just ACORN that was being defunded or all orgs conected to them. And the answer was any org. associated with ACORN was cut off. And I'm sure that any investigation into ACORN will also lead to thier shells since they will be tracking the path of the money.:D
I hope its true , If so thats great news , Maybe we'er seeing the death of this left wing group

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I hope its true , If so thats great news , Maybe we'er seeing the death of this left wing group
Maybe we are seeing the death of the Democrat party, little by little.....I can hope, can't I?:)devil

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Acorn, today's Dems, the DSA, and the ISO etc, are all part of a world wide movement . The best we can hope for is, that they will temporarily scatter and re-form in a weaker position.
Let's stop kidding ourselves. This movement is being led by professional parasites who's only goal is to kill their capitolist host and feast off of the corpse.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
The A#1 ticket to an FBI job, is no longer a college degree in Criminal Justice, it's a college degree in ACCOUNTING.

The money leads to most crimes these days.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
breach of contrat

A lawyer, actually a retired judge, on fox has indicated the congressional action of de-funding acorn is unconstitutional based on "innocent until proven guilty"...To act before there is even an indictment is unprecedented and acorn will win in a court of law if they sue for beach of contract. I am NOT defending them in any way, but the "Due Process" enjoyed in this country will override just about everything except "RICO" statutes.......Hmmmm, NOW that is an idea, RICO.................Slam dunk, now you have to prove you're innocent. I fully believe that is the only way to attack these roaches that scatter when the lights come on..........RICO and asset forfeiture could be used to totally put them and all of their branches out of business once and for all........IMO, Ray

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lawyer, actually a retired judge, on fox has indicated the congressional action of de-funding acorn is unconstitutional based on "innocent until proven guilty"...To act before there is even an indictment is unprecedented and acorn will win in a court of law if they sue for beach of contract. I am NOT defending them in any way, but the "Due Process" enjoyed in this country will override just about everything except "RICO" statutes.......Hmmmm, NOW that is an idea, RICO.................Slam dunk, now you have to prove you're innocent. I fully believe that is the only way to attack these roaches that scatter when the lights come on..........RICO and asset forfeiture could be used to totally put them and all of their branches out of business once and for all........IMO, Ray

Excellent point MP. Does anyone know what has happened to the past RICO charges that were brought up against Acorn?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Moneypit has teh angle, and, if an unfriendly (to ACORN as opposed to the populace at large) Justice Dept. existed currently, they could likely use the 5 separate incidents/cases, to set up a RICO case, against the entire organization, and dig deep through the bowels of ACORN, and throw a LOT of people in the hoosegow, for a good long time.

Unfortunately, the current DOJ is more worried about American Vets being "potential domestic terrorists" than they are about "election influencing/fraud" (see also The New Black Panthers activities, late 2008).

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Excellent point MP. Does anyone know what has happened to the past RICO charges that were brought up against Acorn?
I was unaware anyone had, so I went looking, since you asked. :D

Apparently Ohio had a group file, on behalf of Warren County voters.
Complaint here
I'm not finding anything after the filing, so I am assuming it is still in the legal system.

For a moment of humor, this quote from a story at "thenextright.com":
With the Department of Justice and possibly the FBI investigating ACORN, the public will see this new administration at work as it squashes pay for play politics and dismantles openly corrupt organizations like ACORN.

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAA!!!!

Ok, now, back to serious investigation......................

In January, the same people named as plainitifs in the above filing:
ACORN whistleblowers Karen Inman and Marcel Reid continue their quest for transparency and accountability for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now following the embezzlement of nearly $1 Million dollars. The US Attorney’s Office and/or the FBI have been contacted in eight states and the District Of Columbia.

Indiana also requested RICO prosecution last October, for "“multiple criminal violations,” possibly involving state and federal racketeering laws, in connection with fraudulent voter registration applications."
Also, "“violated Indiana election laws with respect to the solicitation, completion and submission of incomplete, forged or fraudulent voter registration applications, and “with respect to the submission of multiple voter registration applications for the same person.”

Nevada recently charged ACORN with 26 counts of voter registration fraud and 13 counts of illegally compensating canvassers.
In Pennsylvania, seven Pittsburgh-area ACORN employees were charged with falsifying voter registration forms. Six of them were accused of doing so to meet an illegal quota system.

Haven't found any RICO charges there, yet, although Dingy Harry has poked his nose in and blocked investigative efforts in his state, what a great guy.

Apparently a snoop arround Lake County Ind. turned up 1400, yes, 1,400, One thousand, four hundred fraudulent voter registration aplications.

By rthe way, this snippet:
As of October 2008, there were at least 294 front groups, nonprofits, and businesses related to ACORN, the vast majority of which listed their headquarters as: 1024 Elysian Fields Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana -- the site of a now-defunct funeral home.

And for you folks in California......................... In 1995, ACORN's California chapter went to court seeking an exemption from having to pay its workers the state minimum, at the time $4.25 an hour. The group lost. In its unsuccessful appeal, ACORN argued that being forced to pay its workers the minimum wage would violate its First Amendment rights.

A July 2009 congressional report -- titled "Is ACORN Intentionally Structured As a Criminal Enterprise?" -- accused ACORN of massive fraud, money laundering, and racketeering directed from the highest levels of the organization's management.
but, I find no federal investigation info....................................

Everything you could want to know anout ACORN......

I find no trials, or results, I also find no grand juries or dismissings, so I must conclude that the filings stand, and are in process. Unfortunately, RICO efforts sometimes take years.

Heck, a TX. Republican Senator's indictment by a zealous Democrat Atty. General claiming Money Laundering and violations of election law is going on 5 years now, with no trial in sight, and half the charges have been dismissed.
'Course, it took 3 grand juries to even get the indictment, the first 2 refused to indict.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts