Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
History Repeating
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the boat out yesterday for the first time since getting the OT header to log swap done, the good news is everything is great, no leaks, but runs pretty much the same as it did with the headers.

However while sitting and looking at all the exhaust stuff while underway yesterday (friend driving) I noticed that a whole $#%^ load of water is coming out from around the steering knuckle on my pump!!

Is there a replacement seal for these areas? I am loosing about 1/3 of my water from these spots! Probably has something to do with my 49mph top end.

Picture borrowed from Last Mochican as it was the best pic of a Jacuzzi I could find :)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
The early Place units (like yours) for WJ did leak period ,PD later improved this by designing , casting and offering a new style nozzle housing hsg as part of the WJ Place package (thus the slightly higher expense (WJ vs Berk) Part of the problem is that unlike Berkeley The actual WJ "nozzle" is in the back of the bowl and on Jacuzzi WJ the steering was/is mearly a "deflector" to direct the thrust. The problem you describe is sometimes aggravated on Older Place and OE steering by bowl mods folks have made Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts