Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Big Boys Toys
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I like Jay, I had a hard time finding much about his new show to get excited about. It will really have to pick up the pace to get my attention 5 nights a week.

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
I thought it was pretty good. I like Jay and think he's doing a good job, better than all the other guys like Conan, letterman and the rest. Not a big fan of having music on there. Kahnye was a mumbling dumbass that should have been more standup with an apology. Jay seemed a little different last night, maybe a little more relaxed or free...I think its gonna be good.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I felt it was pretty lame after all the buildup. Even Seinfeld seemed off his game. No way this same low energy show will last on a 5 night a week basis.

Conan has already been struggling with energy level and if Leno can't light it up prior to the news, they are both doomed....

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
I was watching MNF so I didn't see it.
The industry buzz is to boycott Jay as scripted showes were cancelled to make the daily timeslot.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
the good show should be tonight, 'Lil Jimmy Norton is going to be on

·
Dreaming of snow
1,053 Posts
I was watching MNF so I didn't see it.
The industry buzz is to boycott Jay as scripted showes were cancelled to make the daily timeslot.

The "industry" needs to start producing shows that dont suck then. Its all business, and if their show doesnt make ratings then its time to move onto the next thing. Fock these people that feel as if they are deserving for no reason. Produce results, or loose your job!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Conan and Leno have to find their groove and then they'll be set. Conan has a huge following but just needs to develop the identity of his show and the same goes for Leno.

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
I have always like Jay, don't care much for the late night shows anymore. I like the 10pm time slot and its great to see kevin back with him. I will keep watching the show.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
That is the buzz huh? A show got cancelled and the buzz is to boycott the new show? Strange buzz you got there.
Not "A" show but multiple shows. At least five hour long shows if not ten thirty minute shows. The industry would be upset because they want the jobs....unfortunately, they don't have the results to keep those jobs, not mainly because the shows just suck but at the same time advertising dollars are down.

The Jay Leno show will work because of the cost. It's a low cost show that replaces a lot of duplicate jobs for multiple shows.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've always like Leno and honestly is the only talk show host I care for anymore, not really sure how I feel about Conan taking the Tonight Show. Leno had some big shoes to fill when Johnny Carson left, and he did pretty good. Guess we'll see if Conan can do the same.

I thought The Leno Show was funny, I'll continue to watch it. Happy to see he brought Kevin with him. And of course the Headlines are always good.

·
The HMFIC
1,748 Posts
the only thing that has changed IMO is the set the set location and the time that he is on. other than that its the same show. why the media is making a big deal out of this is beyond me. he was on 5 nights a week before and he is still on 5 nights a week just earlier. prob looking for a new demographic who knows who cares rock on jay:)devil

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
News yesterday says he got a two year guarantee from the network, so he'll have the time to catch his stride and develop the show.

And I'm guessing that it's a hell of a lot cheaper to pay Jay than pay for a huge ensemble (E/R type or Cop show thing).. So even if the ratings aren't killer, they're probably money ahead.. Business.

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
I don't stay up late enough to even catch the beginning of the show.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts