Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you just bolt a split bowl (I think a JG bowl right) on a JC pump or is the any work required first Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. Also as I under stand it the main advantage to a split bowl is that you can put a droop or a wedge in the nozzle is this the only advantage or is there more to it than that Thanks Eric

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
Cool thanks. Also as I under stand it the main advantage to a split bowl is that you can put a droop or a wedge in the nozzle is this the only advantage or is there more to it than that Thanks Eric
That and it looks cooler than a JC bowl :D

Thats what I did to mine...changed over from a JC to an AT/Dominator split bowl setup. I have yet to put the droop on yet though.

·
Sit N' Spin
1,423 Posts
It lowered my line of thrust. Freed up the hull a little. (could be psycho sematic, though)
Out of curiosity, what's a snoop?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to everyone for the help I thought that this was the case but wanted to make sure I wasent mising something thanks Eric

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
What you want to do is convert that jc to a jg. A jc has a higher gpm rate of flow compared to a jg and when this is done the jc is longer than a jg, 1 inch, which puts you closer to an agressor bowl. Agressor good :D. And the fact to a jc intake differs from a jg intake another bonus.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
What's the differences?
They both use the same style lodaer gate flange but the jc intake is a little longer than the jg so the jc intake doesn't isn't as steep inside as a je so the water tends to flow a little freeier. The only way to tell a true jc is look at the serial number on the pump and around the intake four loader bolt upraised material and they should match. I believe the jc intake starts with a h serial number.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
They both use the same style lodaer gate flange but the jc intake is a little longer than the jg so the jc intake doesn't isn't as steep inside as a je so the water tends to flow a little freeier. The only way to tell a true jc is look at the serial number on the pump and around the intake four loader bolt upraised material and they should match. I believe the jc intake starts with a h serial number.
I'll have to go out later later this week-end and measure mine, I'll have both here on Sunday.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
And if you got em both out and going to put one in definitly sand, deburr, smooth. It's the little stuff thta adds up plus you can be like some...."Ya ya I gots a detailed intake." ha ha :D. Its in the details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts