·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
It would do about as well as a Toyota..... i.e. not at all:p

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
i would like to see a RHINO try that
Honestly... I am into rock-crawling and Rhino'ing, so I will pretend to be a bit unbiased in this response...

The Rhino would have done the same thing, but made it look a lot less cool. It just would have done it. It would have probably put the bottom wheels in the bottom, top wheels on the top and just drove.

I have never wheeled anything like my Rhino. It just won't be stopped. It crushes Jeeps, Scouts, you name it.

I don't go "Jeeping" with it anymore because it is boring in a tricked out Rhino. Seriously. You wait on the Jeeps all day, and then instead of spotters and shit you just drive it up the stuff.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
Nice little vid. :D

Lockers mandatory.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Honestly... I am into rock-crawling and Rhino'ing, so I will pretend to be a bit unbiased in this response...

The Rhino would have done the same thing, but made it look a lot less cool. It just would have done it. It would have probably put the bottom wheels in the bottom, top wheels on the top and just drove.

I have never wheeled anything like my Rhino. It just won't be stopped. It crushes Jeeps, Scouts, you name it.

I don't go "Jeeping" with it anymore because it is boring in a tricked out Rhino. Seriously. You wait on the Jeeps all day, and then instead of spotters and shit you just drive it up the stuff.
LMAO...nice try..

here is Froggy rockcrawling in his Rhino..:)....keep where it should be...cruising camp and getting groceries....obviously they have challenges on the lightest of trails...they also sound like a wet fart...nothing cool about that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwVCF-lgaE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sM0j2Ra9g&feature=related

and one last in the Hot Tub...yeah...those rhino really can crawl....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtGrCeQKoc&feature=related

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
LMAO...nice try..

here is Froggy rockcrawling in his Rhino..:)....keep where it should be...cruising camp and getting groceries....obviously they have challenges on the lightest of trails...they also sound like a wet fart...nothing cool about that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwVCF-lgaE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4sM0j2Ra9g&feature=related

and one last in the Hot Tub...yeah...those rhino really can crawl....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtGrCeQKoc&feature=related
Thats doesn't look like any fun anyway. If I buy a side x side it won't be for (boring rock crawling)anyway. :D

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Sorry Wes

No Rhino going up this kind of stuff....

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One more for you......

Yeah, I see a Rhinos somewhere on the trail, just not anywhere near these rocks. :)

·
Banned
4,957 Posts

Spoken like a man in denial. :D

·
On The Gas
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Do not try this with a Rhino

Here is my buddy, Tony, with his Jeep he built. He owns an Off Road manufacturing company in Simi Valley called Genright.

BTW, NO RHINOS anywhere in sight.

Here he is on the cover of this months "4 Wheel Drive" magazine.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
ARB's, coil overs, link suspensions, 100:1 final ratio drivetrains, 4 real seats, hear and possibly A/C will always dominate a rhino. :D

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes, they are boring.
I would know as I have built many.
I worked for a guy that was into them and we built quiet a few of them.
I just never understood whats the big deal going over a rock.
Now if it was to get to bitchen fly fishing stream...or a hot gold prospecting place.
Then great, but to do it just because it's there?????
Sorry, don't under stand.
I think about 5 that I helped build made into mags, the others were to ugly.

But if you like it enjoy.......

Johnny

·
'Glass slinger
984 Posts
Well, I have done Hi Desert Roundup in my old 1967 Scout (1348 RTI BTW...) and have done the extreme stuff for sure. MOST Jeep rides you go on don't include Refrigerator sized boulders, or gaps the size of a Rhino.

Most Jeep rides are with folks who 'wheel their stuff, but need to drive it home Monday. In that sense, Rhino's shit on them... period.

But for a built, pro-level rock crawling endeavor, you are right... Rhino's don't stand a chance.

But, anywhere my lifted FJ or your basic lifted Jeep are going to go, they will be going there hours behind the Rhino on the same trail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts