Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being a Jeff Beck for 40 plus years ,I got to see him perform live at the ryman in Nashville tonite this guy really knows his way around a Guitar.I lasted about 15 minutes before I had to put in ear plugs.He was shreding the place.

G

·
Heard from my Nashville friends that it seemed every studio guitar player in Nashville was at the show. Jeff Beck was said to have been better than ever.

He's always been at the top in my book. Maybe I'll get to see him live someday.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He doesn't tour often.So I saw this as my chance.A young guy from texas named tyler byrant opened the show.It was my first time at the Ryman what a great venue.

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
It's eye opening how a lot of these greats have reached their 60's and then some. After the mention of Beck I did a little net surfing and saw one of my favorites and another great guitarist, though not a mainstream name, Steve Cropper was 71. Cropper was a guy Lennon and McCartney wanted to play with in the US back in the 60's.

Lots of great memories live on through these talented "pickers"......

·
Formerly NoCal NoBoat
80 Posts
I've had the pleasure of seeing him live - Day On The Green w/ Jan Hammer in the middle 70's, ARMS Tour w/ Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page in the early 80's, and with Carlos Santana in 1996. All great shows ! He wouldn't tour often for a while. IMO, he seems to have entered his most prolific period, starting with the Crossroads Guitar Festival in 2007. And yes, his playing is getting better every year, and he seems to be really enjoying himself on stage. If you don't have the chance to see him live - beg, borrow, or steal the following DVD's:

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007 w/ Tal Wilkenfeld. The young woman, playing bass guitar, seems to challenge him to play his best. Don't miss "Big Block".

Jeff Beck - performing this week...live at Ronnie Scott's - series of small club dates in London.
The set covers most of his career highlights. Don't miss "A Day In The Life".

Rock "N" Roll Party (Honoring Les Paul) - tribute to the late Les Paul @ the Iridium Jazz Club in NYC, where Les Paul played every Monday night for 14 years. Heartfelt & fun show, he and the Imelda May Band really channel Les Paul & Mary Ford. Plus don't miss "The Peter Gunn Theme", also "Twenty Flight Rock" w/ Brian Setzer...

Yeah, I really like Jeff Beck - and I met my future wife at that 1996 show...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts